Canonsburg, Pa. (PRWEB) June 13, 2014
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is proud to be a sponsor of the Institute for Energy Law Young Energy Professionals inaugural Appalachia General Counsel Forum. The forum will unite experienced energy counsel for a discussion on career advancement for up-and-coming professionals. The forum will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh-Southpointe located in Canonsburg, Pa.
The forum marks IEL’s first program in the Appalachian region. It is patterned after a long-running program that originated in the Houston area. The evening will begin with a networking reception followed by a panel discussion with senior energy industry counsel. Young professionals in attendance will then have the opportunity to join the panelists for dinner and more in-depth discussion.
The panelists for the General Counsel Forum include:
- Jennifer McDonough, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary - Rex Energy Corporation
- David P. Poole, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary - Range Resources Corporation
- Jason D. Witt, Assistant General Counsel and Director of Land Management - Murray Energy Corporation
- Craig L. Mayer, Vice President for Government Relations - Pennsylvania General Energy Co. L.L.C.
- Matthew Peterson, Marcellus Land Manager and Senior Legal Counsel - Talisman Energy USA Inc.
- Annemarie Torrez, Supervising Counsel - Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company
For registration information, visit: http://www.cailaw.org/institute-for-energy-law/events/2014/yep-general-counsel-forum-appalachia.html.
About the Institute for Energy Law
The Institute for Energy Law, one of the divisions of The Center for American and International Law, was founded in Dallas, Texas in 1947. Originally called the Southwestern Legal Foundation, CAIL presented its first Oil and Gas Conference in 1949, and has done so every year since. The IEL was founded in 1959 and over the years has expanded its programming well beyond the annual conference.
About Steptoe & Johnson
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is a U.S. law firm with core strengths in energy, labor & employment, litigation and transactional law. In 2013, Steptoe & Johnson celebrated 100 years of helping clients reach their goals. Visit http://www.steptoe-johnson.com.