San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) June 16, 2014
The approaching summer solstice (June 21) ushers in the longest day of the year and the official beginning of summer. The team at Viator, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, has a selection of tours and attraction passes – bookable online and on the Viator Tours & Activities App – that take travelers to the "top 10 of the tops," all over the world, for unbeatable views and memorable experiences.
The Tallest Buildings in a Single Bound
Gracing the landscapes of some of the most popular cities in the world are many of the coolest man-made wonders of the world. Incomparable views coupled with Viator’s insider access, these lofty experiences shouldn’t be overlooked.
- The Shard in London is a 1,016 foot-tall futuristic and contemporary homage to the church spires that dominate London’s historic skyline. Viator’s The View from the Shard provides timed, fast-track entry; be the first to explore in the morning with the View from the Shard Tour with breakfast; or opt for a special evening experience with skip the line entry to the Shard at night and dinner at Borough Market.
- The Eiffel Tower has lured lovers and sightseers to her heights for more than a century. Skip lines and leave long queues behind, or opt for a small group tour led by an English-speaking expert guide, who will lead travelers to the second level while sharing facts and anecdotes.
- The Berlin Television Tower, aka the Berliner Fernsehturm, is the city’s tallest structure at 1,207 feet. Skip the line tickets are a must to beat the lines to see the city’s landmarks like the Berlin Cathedral, Checkpoint Charlie and Brandenburg Gate. Or, combine skip the line access with lunch at Sphere, the tower’s revolving restaurant.
- You haven’t experienced the real magic of New York City until you’ve seen it all from the Empire State Building. Skip the line tickets to the 86th-floor Observatory Deck save tons of time, and the Viator VIP: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and 9/11 Memorial combines the Big Apple’s newest sites with its most iconic attractions.
- Chicago’s Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) is the country’s tallest building, and its Skydeck provides awesome panoramic views of the city at 110 stories high, where visitors can also enjoy breakfast on the Skydeck Ledge before it opens to the public. Another fine view of the Windy City can be found at 360 Chicago (formerly John Hancock Observatory), and Viator’s 360 Chicago Admission with Prosecco includes a bottle of bubbly for toasts high above the streets below.
- Skyscrapers don’t get any taller than the Burj Khalifa in downtown Dubai, currently the tallest structure on the planet at 2,717 feet (that’s 160 stories!). The Burj Khalifa “At the Top” Entrance Ticket provides access to the 124th-floor observation deck for astounding views over Dubai and the Arabian Gulf.
- Asia’s tallest tower, the Kuala Lumpur Tower, is not only the seventh-tallest telecommunication tower in the world at 1,099 feet but it also functions as a platform for religious observances. The tower’s revolving restaurant offers astonishing vistas, which can be enjoyed on a private tour along with a guided stroll through the city’s famous Central Market.
- The Shanghai World Financial Tower, the single tallest building in mainland China at 1,555 feet, is an astonishing feat of modern engineering. The Private Tour: The Face of Modern Shanghai visits the 100th floor along with other top attractions in the city.
- The 1,092-foot Tokyo Tower hosts an aquarium with more than 50,000 fish, two observation decks, a Shinto shrine and a wax museum. Viator’s Tokyo Tower Tea Ceremony and Sumida River Cruise Day Tour and Tokyo Morning Sightseeing Tour each include a visit to the Tokyo Tower.
- Australia’s Sydney Tower measures just over 1,000 feet and boasts the country’s loftiest observation tower for terrific views. View the city in all its breathtaking glory with Sydney Tower Eye tickets, or enjoy panoramic views and lunch or dinner at the Sydney Tower Restaurant , the highest revolving restaurant in the Southern Hemisphere.
For more information on Viator as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, check out Viator.com, the Viator Tours & Activities App (iOS and Android) and the Viator Travel Blog. Follow Viator on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 500,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.