Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 17, 2014
CMS’s recent final Medicare Advantage and Part D rule imposes a number of key new requirements that will impact MA and Part D plans in 2015 and beyond. Among the changes ahead: unprecedented disclosures of pricing methodologies, new price concession transparency and preferred cost sharing requirements, new regulation of agent and broker commissions, and new rules mandating the release of certain records to CMS. “Final Medicare Advantage/Part D Rule: Impact on Plans, PBMs and Pharma,” the June 26 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will explain which provisions in the final rule will have the greatest impact and how plan sponsors can prepare for the upcoming changes.
Participants will hear from Jody Stern, R.Ph., program manager with ATTAC Consulting Group, and Shelly Brandel, a principal and consulting actuary with Milliman. In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, they will provide valuable strategic insights on key questions such as:
- What can Part D plans and PBMs do to begin to prepare for the disclosure of maximum allowable cost (MAC) pricing?
- How does the newly revised definition of “negotiated prices” impact Part D preferred pharmacy contracting?
- What are the implications of expanded access by researchers to Part D data?
- How might new preferred cost sharing and negotiated price requirements impact PBM negotiations and product offerings?
- How will MA plans have to modify existing physician agreements as a result of new Part D prescriber requirements?
- How will new provisions on agent and broker compensation impact MA and stand-alone PDPs?
- What impact will CMS’s ability to directly access records from MA plans’ delegates and first-tier, downstream and related entities (FDRs) have? How should plans prepare FDRs?
- What provisions that were put on hold are likely to resurface and what should plans do to position themselves for these potential changes?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4a27_062614 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.