London, UK (PRWEB UK) 16 June 2014
SMi is thrilled to announce that Tim Woods from UK NEQAS for Blood Coagulation will be presenting a keynote address at the 11th annual conference on Point of Care taking place in London on October 27th and 28th 2014.
UK NEQAS drives forward the quality of personalised healthcare by providing detailed external quality assessments and ensuring the results of investigations are reliable. Tim Woods will be exploring the requirements and benefits of external quality assurance programmes, discussing the positives and negatives and will also be speaking about the way forward for Point of Care testing services.
In addition to his contribution, this year's conference will focus on the implementation, including interoperability of technology and data management that is critical to the success of Point of Care Testing (PoCT). Topics that will be examined include: Enhancing quality in PoCT; trends in microfluidics for health; industry standards; and how to protect intellectual property of PoCT devices. This event will also facilitate a more practical and interactive approach by including spotlight sessions on quality control and provide detailed information on how to implement PoCT services strategically.
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Professor Richard Luxton, Director, Institute of Bio-Sensing Technology
- Tim Woods, Manager & Deputy Director, UK NEQAS for Blood Coagulation
- Ben Courtney, Accreditation Manager, United Kingdom Accreditation Service
- Henne van Heeren, Founding Member, Microfluidics Consortium
- Dr Tomi Jukkola, Patent Examiner, PRH – Finnish Patent Office
- Nick Kirk, President, Institute of Biomedical Science
- David Wells, General Manager, Viapath
- Dr Gearoid Tuohy, Director, Technology Transfer & Commercialisation, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Dr Paul Collinson, Consultant Chemical Pathologist, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust
For more information please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014pointofcare54.asp.
If you would like to attend this conference as a delegate please contact Fateja Begum on +44 (0) 207 827 6184 or e-mail fbegum(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event contact Alia Malick on +44(0)20 7827 6168 or email amalick(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk.
If you would like to become a media partner contact Sarah Watson on +44 (0)20 7827 6134 or email swatson(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk.