This is a level of up-to-the-minute, context aware discovery that has never before been seen in a product.
Sunnyvale, CA (PRWEB) June 18, 2014
Flipora, the popular online recommendation engine for websites that helps people discover exciting new content based on their interests, today announces a new version of its service available to its growing user base of 30 million people. Flipora 2.0 uses unique proprietary A.I. technology that automatically learns a user’s interests and then recommends websites to them based on what they are currently in the mood for, making it the first mood-aware website recommendation engine in the world.
“With this new version, Flipora learns your current interests, and stays on top of your evolving interests—automatically. Flipora knows what you’re currently in the mood for based on web history and Facebook activity, and then makes recommendations that bring you the best of the web. This is a level of up-to-the-minute, context aware discovery that has never before been seen in a product,” says Jonathan Siddharth, Flipora Co-CEO. “The new Flipora now offers 3,000 interests that a user can follow. This also lets the personalization be that much more fine-tuned.”
“We created Flipora because we believe that finding good content on the web based on what you’re currently in the mood for was not as easy as it could be,” says Vijay Krishnan, Flipora Co-CEO. “Today discovery on the web is broken. On Facebook and Twitter you primarily see websites that your friends want to share and not what you want to see. With Flipora, we put the emphasis on YOU. You are in the driver’s seat, and Flipora’s recommendation engine scours the web to bring you the best content you want to see right now.”
The new features of Flipora 2.0 include:
- Automatically learns your interests: The new Flipora is smarter and more personal by automatically keeping up with each user’s individual interests. It also digs deep: often, the content Flipora recommends is something that users would otherwise have never discovered.
- Mood Aware recommendations via new Browser Extension: Flipora 2.0 has an easy-to-install widget that slides out from the corner of the user’s browser, to offer a great website recommendation based on what the user is currently in the mood for.
- More Interests and More Accurate Interest Personalization: Flipora 2.0 now supports nearly 3,000 interests. This is a big increase from the 30 interests that 1.0 had. This lets Flipora offer extremely personalized, fine grained recommendations for every interest on the planet.
- Brand New Design: Flipora 2.0 features an all new visual design with some exciting new features presented in a beautiful, modern and clean user interface.
- An interest based network: Flipora 2.0 makes it even easier than before for you to connect with a global community of users who share your interests.
Flipora is an A.I. based recommendation engine that automatically learns your interests and then recommends websites to you based on what you are currently in the mood for. Today, web discovery is broken and left to chance on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook and Twitter don't know what you're currently in the mood for, and so you see websites in your feed that are boring and generic, driven by what your friends want to share and not what you want to see. Flipora puts the emphasis on you and what you're in the mood for right now and recommends websites based on your current interests. It is a mood-aware website recommendation engine. Try it out at Flipora.com.
Starting out of Stanford University, Flipora.com now has nearly 30 million users and has raised Venture Capital from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley, with prior successes such as PayPal, Twitter, Skype, Tesla, Baidu, and Hotmail.