2,000,000 home burglaries are reported each year in the U.S. resulting in losses in excess of 4.6 billion.
(PRWEB) June 19, 2014
Here is a sampling of the infographic. To see the full infographic click this link [2014 home security checklist infographic
2,000,000 Burglaries are reported each year in the United States resulting in 4.6 billion dollars in damages.
Of those 2,000,000 burglaries 60% enter forcibly. 30% entered through an unlocked door, window or other opening.
Here is a sample of 2014's checklist:
1. Check all your locks each night.
2. Secure your garage.
3. Install motion lights
4. While on vacation stop your mail and newspaper.
5. Do you have a sliding door? Put a door jam in it.
6. Have someone to mow your lawn if you're away.
7. Make sure valuables are not visible from first floor windows.
8. Get to know your neighbors. Neighbors can be your biggest ally when you travel.
9. Install a home security system especially a home security sign. 90% of convicted burglars said they avoided homes with signs of an alarm system.
10. Add security stickers to windows and doors.
Remember most burglars spend less than 60 seconds gaining entry to the home. The more difficult you make it, the better your chances are they will move on.