Miami, FL (PRWEB) June 19, 2014
A re-envisioned publishing platform is positioned to radically change eBook publishing by empowering authors to write, design, and sell books on the open web. Readers enjoy an enhanced viewing experience, free of limitations imposed by eReader devices.
PubML has three components: a web-based eBook platform, a suite of over-the-top publishing tools, and an educational resource that covers writing, publishing, and book design. David Bricker, a Miami-based web developer, graphic designer, educator, and author, created PubML based on his experiences with publishing, traditional book design, and web design. His new platform offers elegant typography, rich media, and direct access to readers. PubML bypasses the traditional “middlemen” associated with eBook production, sales, and distribution.
“PubML is the organic foods section of the publishing marketplace,” Bricker says. “It empowers writers and publishers to produce their own beautiful, engaging, rich media eBooks, and sell them directly to readers.”
PubML’s publishing tools also export to ePub, the standard eBook format used by popular eBookstores. “Publishers naturally want to offer books through traditional vendors. PubML offers an affordable, easy-to-use solution for producing quality eBooks.”
Publishing for Everyman
Consider the following advantages to understand why PubML™ promises to be the next wave in electronic publishing:
- PubML is an HTML5-based eBook platform that runs on any up-to-date web browser, including tablets and smart phones. “I’ve smashed the imaginary wall between eBooks and websites,” says Bricker. “EBooks on the free and open Internet make sense for authors, publishers, and readers.”
- The PubML suite of powerful, intuitive publishing tools allows anyone to create beautiful, rich media eBooks.
- PubML is bundled with expert guidance about writing, book design, and publishing.
- PubML authors embed maps, videos and photographs into eBooks without creating clutter. With a click, readers access pop-up footnotes or other media that never interfere with the book-like reading experience.
- PubML content is not buried inside a locked eBook file. Every word is easily indexed by search engines, making books easier to find.
- Web-based eBooks can be sold or shared like any other online content. PubML eBooks can be secured behind pay walls or offered as digital downloads.
The PubML eBook format is open-source and free to the world. The PubML Publishing Tools are available as a WordPress plugin. An annual license fee of $100/year allows a publisher to create up to 12 eBooks. Plans are available for high-volume publishers.
Publishing Straight Talk
PubML developer David Bricker writes TheWorldsGreatestBook.com, a popular blog that assists authors with the process of writing, designing, and publishing. “With realistic expectations and proper guidance, self-publishers can produce books that meet or exceed publishing industry standards.”
Bricker has written and published five books, including three novels and The One Hour Guide to Self Publishing. His latest, The Blue Monk, is a colorful memoir of his solo sailing adventures. Specifically adapted to the PubML™ format, the book contains more than 80 maps, 100 Photo Footnotes, 200 photos, and 300 video clips, none of which bloat the file size or detract from the reading experience.
For more information about PubML, visit http://www.PubML.com.
Read and experience The Blue Monk in PubML-format at http://thebluemonkbook.com.