Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) June 18, 2014
Hanley Wood and the Hanley Foundation released today the names of seven distinguished nominees for The Hanley Award for Vision and Leadership in Sustainability. One recipient will be honored and presented with $50,000, the largest annual award for sustainability in the built environment, during The Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in New Orleans in October.
Now in its fifth year, The Hanley Award is sponsored by The Hanley Foundation, ECOBUILDING REVIEW and BUILDER magazine. Previous winners are Edward Mazria, FAIA (2009), Alex Wilson (2010), Sam Rashkin (2012), and Dennis Creech (2013).
Each of the 2014 nominees are renowned sustainability leaders working in architecture and engineering, development and construction, research and education, standards development, environmental advocacy, governmental policy, or related areas – who have made deep, long-standing, and influential commitments and lasting contributions to the widespread implementation of environmental building concepts, techniques, and innovations in advancing sustainability in the built environment in the United States.
This year’s nominees are:
- Bob Berkebile, FAIA -- Founding Principal, BNIM Architects, Kansas City, MO
- Christopher Leinberger -- President, LOCUS; Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution, Washington D.C.
- Vivian Loftness, FAIA -- LEED Fellow, Professor, School of Architecture, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jason McLennan, CEO -- International Living Future Institute, Seattle, WA
- Steven Winter, FAIA -- Founder, Steven Winter Associates, Norwalk, CT
- Gail Vittori and Pliny Fisk -- Co-Directors of The Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems, Austin, TX
This year’s judges are:
- Michael J. Hanley, President of the Hanley Foundation
- Frank Anton, Vice Chairman of Hanley Wood
- Dennis Creech, Co-founder and Executive Director of Southface
- Judith Webb, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Strategy, U.S. Green Building Council
- Michelle Desiderio, Vice President, Innovation Services, Home Innovations Research Labs
The Hanley Award for Vision and Leadership in Sustainability will be presented to the winner on October 21 at The Hanley Award Dinner to be held during Greenbuild in New Orleans, LA.
About The Hanley Foundation
The Hanley Foundation is a non-profit foundation that provides funding for housing, environmental and other causes. Michael Hanley, retired chairman and co-founder of Hanley Wood, started the family foundation in 1999. The Foundation supports local entities helping provide shelter, like Friendship Place in Washington, D.C., the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington, and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, along with many others. In 2009, The Foundation established The Hanley Award.
About Hanley Wood
Hanley Wood is the premier information, media, event, and strategic marketing services company serving the residential, commercial design and construction industries. Utilizing the largest editorial- and analytics-driven construction market database, the company produces powerful market data and insights; award-winning publications, newsletters and websites; marquee trade shows and executive events; and strategic marketing solutions. To learn more, visit hanleywood.com.