London, UK (PRWEB) June 18, 2014
The growth in the worldwide spinal fusion market is anticipated to be restrained by a number of factors. Thus, the US public payers are starting to implement stern measures with respect to reimbursement documentation in an attempt to make away with procedures that seem to be medically unnecessary. Another barrier that is weakening the intervention's potential adoption is the advent of a novel class of medical product technologies that strain after capitalising upon one of the constant weak spots of spinal fusions, such as the possibility of the progression of symptomatic adjacent segment disease (ASD).
Though, in spite of these barriers, the world spinal fusion market is set to witness healthy growth through to end-2020, driven by the increase in the potential patient population that could develop the conditions treated by performing this procedure. Other drivers include, amid others, an increase in the spinal stenosis indication, preference for minimally invasive surgery techniques, developments in navigation technology, and the gold standard in treating spinal instability and degenerative conditions.
New cutting-edge research report “MediPoint: Spinal Fusion - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts” created by GlobalData is now available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: MediPoint: Spinal Fusion - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Published: June, 2014
Price: US$ 6,495.00
The report presents a detailed overview of the spinal fusion industry, covering the types of devices, procedure trends and market access analysis. The study examines the market dynamics in detail, including M&As and key partnerships; discusses the major unmet needs; examines the major market opportunities; assesses drug development performance, and includes a granular assessment of 10 clinical trials. Furthermore, the study features the main factors restraining and driving the spinal fusion market growth. Comprehensive market outlook is provided, including forecasts of companies’ market shares, by segment, and by geography.
Companies mentioned: Aesculap, Alphatec Spine, Amedica Corporation, Medtronic Spinal and Biologics, DePuy Spine, Globus Medical, K2M, Biomet, Stryker, Zimmer, Nuvasive, Orthofix, and Integra LifeSciences.
Reasons to Buy:
- Analysis of the current and prospective competitors’ spinal fusion devices, uncovering the trends in product design and determining which technologies pose the greatest threat.
- Insight on region specific company market share for the current spinal surgery market players.
- Review of the reimbursement trends (incl. recent changes to documentation requirements by US public payers for spinal fusion procedures) in various countries and how they will change and affect adoption patterns in the years ahead.
- Clinical trial analysis of the most critical investigations and how their results will influence the market, with coverage of the major clinical trials to follow through 2014 provided.
- Highlights of the key market opportunities and unmet needs that firms can capitalise upon to gain a competitive edge.
- In-depth study of the major market threats that must be considered by players (current and future) if they want to participate or enter the market including non-fusion technologies.
- Direct quotations from KOLs (including orthopedic and spinal surgeons) who stand in the forefront of investigating and adopting these technologies.
- Coverage of the top 10 markets includes procedure volumes and market values for each nation during 2011-2020.
More insightful research reports by the publisher can be found at GlobalData page.