Ventura, California (PRWEB) June 20, 2014
Summer is officially in full swing which means it’s just about time to dust off the thermostat and crank up the air. After months of remaining dormant, its likely home owners may experience problems re-starting their air conditioning system, especially if it’s an older unit.
Tri Cities Best, a top-rated air conditioning service in Ventura California, always recommends calling a professional repairman when encountering an issue in the home, but suggests residents follow this basic troubleshooting checklist before picking up the phone and opening up their wallet.
1. Check to make sure the thermostat is set in the “cool” position.
2. Ensure the outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
3. Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Make sure they are all in the "ON" position.
4. Check the outdoor unit "disconnect switch" to make sure it is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit.
5. Ensure that the blower motor in your furnace is running. If the thermostat is in the "cool" position, the furnace blower should be running. If not, check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the "ON" position.
6. Be sure the filter in the furnace was recently replaced.
For more information on air conditioning services or to schedule an appointment, call Tri Cities Best at (888) 706-7766 or visit http://tricitiesbesthvac.com/.
About Tri Cities Best
Tri Cities Best is a family owned and operated HVAC contractor out of California specializing in repair and installation of A/C units for residential and commercial buildings in Ventura, CA and surrounding cities.