“This is the first time Momtastic has had a dad as a Guest Editor, but we thought a Dad’s perspective would be refreshing during the month for celebrating fathers,” stated Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 19, 2014
TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today the June Guest Editor: Chris Pegula, founder and creator of Diaper Dude, and author of From Dude to Dad: The Diaper Dude Guide to Pregnancy, as well as husband and dad to two boys and a girl. Chris serves up the man’s perspective on parenting, marriage, and fatherhood. Chris joins a distinguished list of guest editors from Momtastic, including Christina Applegate, Kristin Davis, and Tia Mowry.
“From Dude to Dad was inspired from my own experiences of being a first-time dad and not knowing what to do and not having a guide,” said Pegula. “My hope is young dads today will find comfort and get the tools they need by reading my book as well as learn from a few of my own life lessons during my journey to fatherhood.”
Noteworthy quotes from Chris’ Momtastic blogs:
From ‘5 Crazy Ideas Guys Have About Pregnancy’
- “Pregnancy doesn’t affect you, it’s her thing. Dude, if this is you I just gotta say please erase this from your thinking ASAP. Yes, she is going through all the emotional and physical changes and for the most part you are on the sidelines. But your relationship is key to parenting so make an effort to get involved right from the start.”
- “You'll hurt the baby during sex. I’m not trying to flatter myself, believe me, but this is a legitimate fear. But the truth is that the baby is protected by your partner’s abdomen and the muscular walls of her uterus. While I suggest getting advice from her doctor when it comes to sex since every woman’s pregnancy is different, for the most part you don’t need to worry…you ain’t gonna get near the kid!”
- “Cravings are her thing. She'll have cravings, but so will you! That’s something I never thought about when my wife was pregnant with our first child. In fact, it wasn’t until I gained a good 10 pounds that I realized I was overindulging. So unless you are a health nut, get into the mindset early on and pay attention to your intake.”
From ‘6 Secret Ways I Keep My Marriage Hot’
- “Say "I love you, because…" We take turns writing at least five things we love about each other in a journal; it's a great way to stay connected. We have pages and pages of things we either never knew about each other or that we may have forgotten. The best part is reading what I wrote out loud and watching the expression on my partner’s face.”
- “Flirt with photos. This is a lot of fun. I use my phone to take photos of my wife without her knowing. Then I text or e-mail the photos to her with some fun phrasing. (If you try this one, don't be shy!)”
- “Plan surprises. Make your time alone even more special by planning the unexpected. Leaving notes for your partner taped to the bathroom mirror, or even on her pillow to be discovered when she wakes up in the morning, is really special. Constant reminders of how much you mean to each other will be rewarding for you both.”
“This is the first time Momtastic has had a dad as a Guest Editor, but we thought a Dad’s perspective would be refreshing during the month for celebrating fathers,” stated Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “Chris Pegula brings a realistic and funny voice to Momtastic, and a modern approach to parenting.”
To read all of Chris Pegula’s posts, visit http://www.momtastic.com/author/cpegula/.
Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 6 million moms (January 2014, comScore) each month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering inspiration for everyday life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom communities, blogs, and premium content publishing and now brings in 40 million page views per month (January 2014, comScore). Momtastic covers all the subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to Pregnancy, Parenting, Food, Health, Style, Shopping, Life, and Entertainment. Momtastic speaks with moms, offering a supportive, honest, entertaining and real voice across all the topics they care about.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.
For More Information:
Director of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8250
Manager of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263