Business people, instructors or anyone who wants a handheld projector will appreciate the Acer C205’s quality 4W stereo audio and the convenience of MHL capability for projecting images from a mobile phone.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) June 26, 2014
- Weighing slightly over half a pound, it fits in the palm of the hand
- Battery operated for cable free operation
- 200 ANSI lumens brightness
- Quality 4W audio via two 2W built-in stereo speakers
- MHL® connectivity enables projection and battery charging by smartphone(1)
- Up to 30,000 hours LED lamp life maintains consistent display performance(2)
Acer today announced that the Acer® C205 ultraportable pico projector will be available in the U.S. market next month. The new pocket-size projector delivering 4W stereo audio is ideal for professionals such as sales representatives, real estate agents and consultants desiring a hand-held, easy-to-use projector for making presentations from the road.
Just .66 pounds and 5.7- x 4.3- x 1.1-inches, it’s extremely compact and light weight. A built-in 4200 mAh (3.7V) battery provides up to two hours of cable-free usage and thanks to HDMI/MHL, a smartphone can serve as a power bank to extend operating time up to two hours.(3) The projector can display content wirelessly using an optional MHL wireless adapter, while simultaneously charging it. The user can also wirelessly connect the projector to a mobile device that supports Miracast Wi-Fi Display, WiDi Wireless Display or DNLA by leveraging Acer’s wireless adapter.
The Acer C205’s 200 lumens brightness in standard mode (160 in ECO mode) and 1,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio provide clarity for crisp presentations and photos. This tiny projector delivers quality 4W stereo sound with two built-in 2W speakers without having to connect to an external sound system. Presentations can be enjoyed in the 16:9 aspect ratio at FWVGA resolution (854x480) or at the maximum resolution of WXGA (1280x800) in a 16:10 aspect ratio.
“Our newest pico projector is ideal for road warriors who require a very portable projector for making presentations at a moment’s notice,” said Edward Chan, product manager for Acer America. "Business people, instructors or anyone who wants a handheld projector will appreciate the Acer C205’s quality 4W stereo audio and the convenience of MHL capability for projecting images from a mobile phone."
The Acer C205 projector offers instant on/off capability, enabling users to pack it and go without having to wait for it to cool down. The device delivers deep color saturation up to 95 to 130 percent NTSC(4), which translates to high-quality visuals in a wide range of natural colors. It can also project up to a 100-inch image diagonally.
Leveraging ColorSafe II technology, it virtually eliminates color decay and DLP technology ensures picture integrity even after prolonged use. The resulting extended lifespan and consistent image quality lowers the total cost of ownership.
Offering connectivity options and instant switching, the Acer C205 offers multiple PC source input, including 1x HDMI/MHL (stereo, audio, HDCP) and 1x PC audio (stereo mini jack). The Acer C205 ultraportable projector provides up to 20,000 hours of LED life in standard mode and 30,000 hours in ECO mode.(2) This long lifespan that is easily extended via the power-saving mode translates into significant cost-savings for customers, making it an excellent investment.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer C205 pico ultraportable projector will be available in the U.S. at online retailers in July for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $349. It’s backed by a one-year warranty.(5)
Acer systems are backed by professional, high-quality technical support and a one-year warranty. Acer’s online community at community.acer.com provides customers discussion forums, answers to frequently asked questions and the opportunity to share ideas for new and enhanced services and products.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offering includes PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Acer employs 7,400 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally.(6) Revenues for 2013 reached US$12.02 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
© 2014 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
1) Some smartphones require a converter.
2) Lamp life depends on a variety of factors including brightness and can be maximized via Acer EcoProjection Technology, which allows the user to customize power-saving configurations.
3) The projector provides up to 1.5 hours of battery life in standard mode and up to two hours in ECO mode. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilized features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
4) Color gamut is the range of color a display can reproduce and is commonly expressed as a percentage of NTSC. Although NTSC stands for National Television System Committee, which developed television standards for North America, in this instance, the percentage of NTSC refers to the full range of color that can theoretically be displayed.
5) Limited warranty agreement applies. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503.
6) IDC 2013