Tyler, Texas (PRWEB) June 20, 2014
The employees of Mentoring Minds have a spirit to serve and share. It’s more than just part of a mission statement or policy; it’s actually part of the Mentoring Minds’ ethos. Because of a shared passion for helping others, Mentoring Minds created a program for service called MindSHARE. MindSHARE encourages the team at Mentoring Minds to be active members and volunteers in the community. Employee-nominated organizations are evaluated by the employee-based MindSHARE committee on several factors such as employee involvement and organizational reach. On Wednesday, the MindSHARE committee awarded five organizations with funds topping $10,000 to assist the non-profits’ missions.
Awards were given to:
- Champions for Children, an organization that designs and implements programs to help at-risk children, parents, and childcare workers. More information can be found at http://www.championsforchildren.org.
- CASA of East Texas, a local chapter of a national network of volunteers standing up for the rights of abused and neglected children. Visit http://www.casaforchildren.org for more information.
- Literacy Council of Tyler, an organization whose mission is to improve the lives of individuals and their families by eliminating illiteracy. For more information, visit http://www.lcotyler.org.
- Royal Family Kids Camp of Tyler, part of a national network of camps and mentor clubs for children of abuse, abandonment, and neglect. Details about the camps can be found at http://www.royalfamilykids.org.
- Postpartum Progress, a national organization focused on increasing awareness of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and providing tools that connect moms to treatment. More information can be found at http://www.postpartumprogress.org.
About Mentoring Minds
Mentoring Minds is a national educational publisher that has been serving students, educators and administrators for more than ten years. Their mission and commitment is to develop quality educational materials that encourage children to think critically for effective problem solving in and outside the classroom. Equipped with many years of educational experience, Mentoring Minds’ product development team creates materials that address relevant issues in the classroom such as critical thinking, vocabulary development, bullying, classroom management, and accommodations for students with special instructional needs. Mentoring Minds was recently named one of the best places to work in Texas for the third consecutive year.