The new RPM enhancements capitalize on support for smaller rooms, more complex spaces, more macro options and more usability features.
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) June 20, 2014
Delivering advanced meeting room technology for more users in any space, at InfoComm 2014, AMX®, a HARMAN® Professional brand, announced several exciting enhancements to its Rapid Project Maker (RPM) configuration tool. Since its launch, RPM has saved AMX integrators tens of thousands of hours in programming time that could instead be invested in new client development. The new RPM enhancements capitalize on support for smaller rooms, more complex spaces, more macro options and more usability features:
RPM Version 2.0 Features – Available in RPM Immediately
- Dual Room Support - Cuts costs by using a single Enova DVX All-In-One Presentation Switcher to control two separate rooms
- Multiple In-Room Control Panel Support – Empowers in-room control from up to four touch panels, sensors, scheduling panels and/or keypads, including the AMX Modero X Series G5 family of touch panels and the AMX Enzo Platform
- Support for AMX Enzo Platform - Launch applications, web pages, or any Enzo content directly from a touch panel, keypad or other control interface
- Support for Video Signal Presence Macros - Connecting or disconnecting auxiliary video sources can trigger automation event macros
- Support for AMX DXLink Distance Transport Point-to-Point Mode - Offers cost effective small room solution when using a standalone NetLinx Controller and point-to-point signal transport
Additionally, we are excited to announce that support for products announced at InfoComm 2014 will be available soon in RPM. Availability varies with expected ship dates of each product:
- NetLinx NX Integrated Controllers – Available immediately
- Enova DVX-2110HD All-In-One Presentation Switcher – Available July 2014
- Massio ControlPads – Expected to be available in December 2014
- Solecis Digital Switchers
- Solecis 5x1 Switchers are expected to be available in December 2014
- Solecis 4x1 and 8x1 Switchers are expected to be available in March 2015
AMX demonstrated the new Rapid Project Maker enhancements in Booth # C4908 at InfoComm 2014. For further details, we invite you to visit these online resources:
- Watch the Video: RPM 2.0 Overview of New Features
- RPM Spotlight Site
- View this Press Release in the AMX.com Newsroom (includes all downloadable support files)
Founded in 1982 and acquired by HARMAN in 2014, AMX® (http://www.amx.com) is dedicated to integrating AV solutions for an IT World. AMX solves the complexity of managing technology with reliable, consistent and scalable systems comprising control and automation, system-wide switching and AV signal distribution, digital signage and technology management. AMX systems are deployed worldwide in conference rooms, homes, classrooms, network operation/command centers, hotels, entertainment venues and broadcast facilities, among others.
HARMAN (http://www.harman.com) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of infotainment and audio solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets. It is a recognized world leader across its customer segments with premium brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, and Mark Levinson® and leading-edge connectivity, safety and audio technologies. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of 15,200 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $5.1 billion for the last twelve months ended March 31, 2014.