Sensors Expo offers innovative applications, expert instructors, authoritative content, and tomorrow’s solutions.
Rosemont, IL (PRWEB) June 23, 2014
Over 4,000 engineers, scientists, researchers and corporate executives are expected - June 24-26 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL- for the 2014 Sensors Expo & Conference. Attendees will have the opportunity to see the newest technologies for sensors and sensors-related industries from nearly 190+ exhibitors, attend over 65 education sessions and hear from industry experts and innovators who will deliver keynote addresses.
“Sensors Expo offers innovative applications, expert instructors, authoritative content, and tomorrow’s solutions and we look forward to welcoming our exhibitors, speakers, attendees and advisory board to Rosemont this week,” said Wendy Loew, Event Director, Questex Media Group, producer of the annual event. “The show floor and conference will feature and insightful education programs and exciting product introductions in relation to some of the biggest trends in the industry including the Internet of Things Pavilion, MEMS, M2M and Wireless, and much more.”
Highlights of Sensors Expo include:
- Luigi Gentile Polese, Senior Engineer at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory will present "Reimaging Building Sensing and Control" on Wednesday, June 25 at 9:00 am
- Dr. Logan Lui, Associate Professor at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and President of MoboSens, LLC will present "MoboSens - Mobile Phone NanoSensor Platform at Molecular Precision for Everyone" on Thursday, June 26 at 8:30 am.
The Sensors Conference Program provides essential, in-depth education sessions across 3 Full-Day Pre-Conference Symposia and an expansive 10 tracks in the Sensors comprehensive conference program.
- Pre-Conference Symposia: On Tuesday, June 24th, the event will begin with three full day pre-conference symposia including “Designing MEMS in – How to Engage the Supply Chain” chaired by Karen Lightman, Managing Director, MEMS Industry Group; “Energy Harvesting for Powering Wireless Sensors Networks,” chaired by Randy Frank, President, Randy Frank & Associates; and “Making the Internet of Things a Reality: A Toolkit for Designing Smart,” chaired by Will Tu, Director of Embedded, ARM.
- Comprehensive Conference Program: On Wednesday, June 25 and Thursday, June 26 the conference program will offer a new Power Management Track; a new IoT Track; a new M2M Track and an expanded Sensors @ Work track with new case studies and applications. Additionally, the Conference Program will feature tracks on Chemical & Gas Sensing; Energy Harvesting for Sensors Applications; IoT: Internet of Things; M2M; MEMS; Novel Approaches to Measurement and Detection; Power Management for Sensor Applications; Sensors @ Work and Wireless. Each of these tracks will offer a series of sessions led my industry experts who will present new case studies and applications.
- Sensors Expo & Conference identifies the latest sensing technologies throughout the exhibit floor with new product announcements, and key technology focused areas. In addition to the 190+ exhibitors, Sensors Expo will offer several featured areas on the Expo Floor, including: Energy Harvesting, Internet of Things, M2M and Wireless, MEMS and Mouser.
- Bluetooth® Scavenger Hunt: New this year at the 2014 Sensors Expo & Conference, attendees with smartphones can participate in the first promotional emBeacon-based scavenger hunt to explore the event and be rewarded with special prizes. Attendees who download the Sensors Mobile App will be encouraged to explore specific areas of the show through the scavenger hunt and will collect points for each emBeacon they encounter. In addition to EM Microelectronic, hunt participant sponsors include: Delta Mobile, DJ Instruments, Fraunhofer ENAS, JSR Micro, Novati, PNI Sensors, ROHM, Sensors Magazine, Silicon Designs, Treasure Data, and Vista Medical. All completed hunt participants will be entered to win prizes which will be presented at Sensors Expo on Thursday, June 26 at 1:00 PM in the Sensors Magazine Live Theater.
- New Product Showcase: New in 2014, Sensors Expo has created a New Product Showcase, which will display the latest sensing technologies in one convenient location on the Expo Floor. Featured exhibitors include: Arrow Electronics, Coto Technology, Get Wireless, Honeywell Sensing Systems, Pixelteq, Parker Hannifin, Samyoung, SemiProbe, and more!
- Sensors Magazine will present the 2014 “Best of Sensors Expo Awards,” which will focus on applications and innovations in the world of sensors, as well as excellence among engineers.
- Sensors Expo will also be debuting a brand new Attendee Choice Awards onsite at the event. All attendees will be able to vote on the most innovative and exciting technology they saw using the Sensors Mobile App. All attendees who download the Mobile App are eligible to participate in the Hunt and the Attendee Choice Awards.
- The Sensors Magazine Live Theater: will offer free education and live demos on the Expo Floor from industry experts and technologists, including LeddarTech, Parker, PixelTeq, PCB Piezotronics, Arrow Electronics, IPSO, Honeywell, Verizon, Mouser Electronics and more.
- The IPSO Challenge - This competition showcases the most innovative uses of the Internet Protocol (IP) in sensors/control, embedded and M2M applications–the building blocks of the IoT. These Internet connected devices network people, businesses and environments and span diverse industry segments including smart homes, smart energy, smart buildings, smart healthcare, smart transportation and smart communications. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 25 at 3:00 pm.
- Co-located with Sensors 2014, the High-Performance Computing Conference (HPCC) brings the best and brightest technology partners from the processing, performance computing, security, data storage and network industries to highlight the emergence of ubiquitous distributed computing technology. The HPCC Pavilion and Conference will cover challenges and solutions from a number of industry partners and feature industry leaders across Embedded Computing.
- Networking Events include the Sensors Expo Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 25, at 5:00 at the Hilton Rosemont and a Networking Breakfast at 8:00 am both days of the show.
Sensors Expo & Conference is the only industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and sensor-integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership. The event is widely known as one of the world's largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. Sensors Expo & Conference identifies the latest sensing technologies and strategies, explores them in an information-packed conference program and reflects those trends throughout the Expo Floor with new product releases, key technology-focused areas, such as Big Data & Cloud, Embedded, Energy Harvesting, MEMS and Wireless, and a showcase of hundreds of products and services. For more information, visit http://www.sensorsexpo.com. The Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA.
# # #