Discovery Village At Naples will offer personalized, all-inclusive care plans and resort-style amenities.
Bonita Springs, FL (PRWEB) June 27, 2014
Construction of Discovery Village At Naples senior-living community in Naples, FL, is 50 percent complete, announced Thomas J. Harrison, CEO and co-founder of the community's owner and operator, Discovery Senior Living. It is the second Discovery Village in Southwest Florida ,and is located on a 6.9-acre parcel on Sierra Meadows Boulevard on the southeast corner of Collier Boulevard and Rattlesnake Hammock Road.
The $40 million supervised independent and assisted living community with comprehensive wellness center is located across from Physician’s Regional Medical Center, and is expected to be complete by January 2015. The project has resulted in an estimated 100 construction-related jobs.
Discovery Village At Naples will have a grande clubhouse building that comprises a three-story wing of 30 apartment homes for supervised independent living; a two-and three-story wing of 60 apartment homes for assisted living; and a one-story wing of 30 suites for memory care. Accommodations include suites, and one-bedroom and two-bedroom senior-living apartment homes.
- The roof of the memory care wing is 100 percent dried-in
- Roofing installation of the assisted living and independent living wing is 50 percent complete
- Installation of a low roof and second-floor roof truss is underway
- Interior framing and a rough-in walk-through are complete
- Window installation in ongoing and nearly completed on the second floor
- The parking lot baserock has been installed
Discovery Village At Naples will offer personalized, all-inclusive care plans and resort-style amenities in a stimulating environment where residents will have their needs taken care of around the clock.
Features and amenities will include three gourmet meals with tableside service daily, complimentary scheduled transportation, a team of experienced and licensed professionals available 24/7, health and wellness visits, on-site medical director, onsite therapies, an on-site Medicare-certified home healthcare agency, concierge services, housekeeping, and a full calendar of social and recreational activities.
The Grande Clubhouse will have two dining rooms, social areas, game room, bistro and ice cream parlor, bar and lounge, movie theater, a state-of-the-art wellness center, a senior-equipped fitness center, indoor heated wellness pool, professional beauty salon and spa with barber shop, media center with cognitive brain fitness, and a multifunctional art, hobby and craft center and activity room.
- Discovery Village At Naples is the design creation of Architectural Concepts Inc. (ACI) of Largo, Florida, under the leadership of founding partner Bo Russ. ACI provides architectural services to clients throughout the U.S., Bermuda and New Zealand, specializing in senior building design.
- Wegman Design Group’s design principal, Lori Wegman, provided the creative and strategic interior design solutions. Wegman’s professionals have been providing innovative design since its startup in 2001.
- The Henning Group is the general building construction management firm in charge of construction. The Iowa-based firm is one of the largest general construction companies in North America, and does business internationally.
- Community Southern Bank, National Health Investors Inc. and Synovus Bank are the construction financing providers.
For more information, call Discovery Senior Living at (239) 908-2921. Online at http://www.DiscoveryVillages.com.
About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living, a family of companies founded by Thomas J. Harrison and Richard J. Hutchinson, includes: Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Realty Group, and Discovery at Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. Discovery Senior Living also owns and operates a portfolio of senior-living communities in Florida under the brand name of Discovery Village, where 800 apartment homes are under development in Naples, Tampa, Palm Beach Gardens, Sarasota and Palm Coast. Additionally, the firm has an ownership interest in, and is the exclusive manager and operator of, Aston Gardens senior-living communities in Florida and The Conservatory senior-living communities in Texas. It also manages and operates senior-living communities Regency Pointe in Alabama and The Preserve At Palm-Aire in Florida.
For more than 25 years, Discovery Senior Living has developed, built and operated upscale, luxury senior-living communities. The award-winning management group has a flourishing portfolio of almost 4,000 homes for seniors, caring for more than 4,000 residents. Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in the development, marketing and management of world-class resort-style communities. The company is located at 3301 Bonita Beach Road, Suite 208, Bonita Springs, FL 34134. Online at http://www.discoveryseniorliving.com.