Transparent Language is committed to supporting all of the world's languages.
Nashua, NH (PRWEB) June 25, 2014
Transparent Language Inc., a leading provider of language-learning technology, announced the addition of three new languages to the government, library, and education versions of its online language programs. With the addition of Cambodian (Khmer), Somali, and Tamil, the update allows US Government organizations, libraries, and educational institutions to provide over 90 languages to their employees, patrons, students, and faculty.
The Transparent Language learning systems in which these languages are presented cover all four language skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking), as well as provide in-depth grammar, cultural materials, and alphabet courses. These programs include some of the best instructional activities and materials available to learn a new language quickly, including:
- Pronunciation practice: Transparent Language's EveryVoice™ advanced speech technology analyzes a learner's pronunciation and compares it to that of a native speaker, allowing users to improve their pronunciation and engage their voice while learning and building their long-term memory.
- Typing activities: Transparent Language programs let learners type in the language they're learning, a key part of the learning experience.
- Courses and supplemental vocabulary: With robust courses and over 100 supplemental vocabulary lessons containing over 2,000 words and phrases in each language, Transparent Language programs help build a large and useful vocabulary set.
- Learned items: Transparent Language programs include a language refresh system designed to help keep words fresh in a learner's memory. The systems keep track of what a user has learned and use a special algorithm to present learners with vocabulary items that they have not seen recently. If the word or phrase is recalled, it is tucked away for a future check. If the item is not immediately recalled, the program refreshes the learner's memory of it and shows it again soon.
- Mobile apps: The Transparent Language mobile apps are available as free downloads and connect to each learner’s account, synchronizing their learning data and allowing them to learn the same material any time in any place.
"Transparent Language is committed to supporting all of the world's languages. We are excited to be adding Cambodian, Somali, and Tamil," said Michael Quinlan, CEO of Transparent Language, Inc.
Specially-configured versions of Transparent Language programs, including the new languages, are available for US Government organizations, educational institutions, corporations, and public libraries.
Most recently, Transparent Language’s government software, the CL-150 Technology Matrix for Critical Languages, was made available at no charge to all US Military and Government personnel and programs via the Department of Defense web portal, Joint Language University (JLU).
About Transparent Language, Inc.
At Transparent Language, we leverage our expertise in technology and in the research and practice of language learning and teaching to build unique capabilities for use by US Government agencies and organizations, as well as hundreds of public libraries, thousands of schools, and millions of individuals. We care about all languages, regardless of commercial value. We believe that language technology needs to work for all courses and curricula, not just a few courses. It needs to benefit not only individuals, but entire programs. We believe that great language technology not only changes the user experience; it transforms the economics, logistics, and reliability of language learning.