Auburn, New York (PRWEB) June 26, 2014
The Rogue Aviator Summer Book Tour—Ace Abbott, author of The Rogue Aviator, (http://therogueaviator.com/) will be initiating his summer book tour in the Washington DC area. Ace is a retired commercial pilot who has morphed into an aviation author, aviation blogger, and aviation-themed web talk show host. His memoir enlightens and entertains veteran pilots, as well as the non-aviators. Ace Abbott takes the reader on an improbable journey that highlights the unique and tumultuous career of a free-spirited, fun-loving pilot. This book is spiced with humor, pathos, poignancy, and debauchery, and includes scintillating, pulse-racing aviation anecdotes. His aviation resume includes: F-4 Phantoms, Learjets, and Boeing 727.
Ace relates his many unique experiences while flying private charters with such celebrity icons as: Jack Nicklaus, John Glenn, Jimmy Buffett, Bob Marley, the White House Press Team, Riverdance, Helen Reddy, Olivia Newton-John, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, and many others.
The Rogue Aviator is available at several aviation museums in the US: the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, the Udvar-Hazy Aviation Museum in the Washington, DC area, and the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. The book will also be available for an author-signed copy at the following venues and dates:
- Washington Dulles International Airport(IAD)–adjacent to the main ticket counter–on Sunday, June 29, 2014, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Washington Reagan Airport (DCA) on Monday, June 30, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Forbes Store.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) on Tuesday, July 1, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the CNBC Store.
- Binghamton Regional Airport, Greater Binghamton Regional Airport Airshow, July 4 and July 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fort Drum Main PX, Fort Drum Army base near Watertown New York, July 25 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Griffis Air Force Base Main PX near Rome, New York, August 1, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Skaneateles, New York Public Library; book presentation and signing on August 21 at 7 p.m.
- Syracuse Hancock Airport, New York Times Book Store; Monday, August 25, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
In September and October, 2014 Ace will be hosting book signing events at Paradies Shops stores in PHL, JFK, EWR, RDU, and ATL, as well as a variety of aviation groups in the Northeast US.
Ace has joined media folks for more than 50 interviews and was recently solicited by CNN for an interview regarding the missing Malaysian Boeing 777 (MH 370). He welcomes interviews from media organizations and is available to provide entertaining presentations for civic groups, libraries, EAA local chapters, flying clubs, flight schools, etc.
To see reader reviews and to purchase a soft cover or an eBook, go to Amazon (http://goo.gl/SVj5w2). The book is also available at any distributor of eBooks.