The Carino’s Foundation Donates $25,000 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation Through Its Round It Up Promotion

The non-profit arm of Johnny Carino’s restaurants matched funds raised through the launch of the Round It Up America program.

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friendRepost This

Austin, TX (PRWEB) June 25, 2014

The Carino’s Foundation announced today that it has donated $25,000 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The donation comes on the heels of a month-long campaign where guests dining at Johnny Carino’s restaurants could round up their payment to make a donation to NBCF. Each dollar raised was matched by the Carino’s Foundation.

“We are thrilled with the response and engagement we received from our guests over the last month with our Round It Up program and our efforts to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation,” said Creed Ford III, President and CEO of Johnny Carino’s. “There are so many of us who have been touched and affected by breast cancer throughout our lives, and the work that NBCF is doing around awareness, education, and empowerment is truly inspiring. We were proud to partner with such a great organization and bring awareness and raise funds within the communities we, at Johnny Carino’s, serve.”

“Johnny Carino’s and the Carino’s Foundation has a tradition of serving the best, and this is what we strive for in helping those facing breast cancer,” says NBCF Founder and CEO, Janelle Hail. “Through their Round It Up Mother’s Day promotion, we can continue our mission of helping women now and providing help and inspiring hope to those affected by this disease.”

Through the Round It Up America program, guests who visit Johnny Carino’s have the opportunity to round up their credit card bill to the nearest dollar to make a donation to the Carino’s Foundation. Throughout the month of May, all funds collected through the Round It Up America program went to NBCF with the Carino’s Foundation matching every dollar raised.

Out of every dollar donated to Round It Up America, a minimum of 91 cents goes to the charities it serves. Mission Partners allocate 75% of their funds to charities of their choice, while the remaining 25% benefits the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund, and the Educational Foundations of the State and National Restaurant Associations for their ProStart programs.

Added Ford, “We are excited about the future of the Round It Up America partnership with Johnny Carino’s and the Carino’s Foundation. This program will not only allow the Carino’s Foundation to have a stronger presence with raising money at the community level, but will also allow our guests to get directly involved with our fundraising efforts.”

About Johnny Carino’s:

Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Johnny Carino's owns and operates 45 restaurants nationwide in conjunction with over 50 franchise partner locations. Johnny Carino’s offers a wide selection of original, fresh, delectable dishes at superior value that every family can afford to enjoy. For more information about Johnny Carino's, please visit http://carinos.com. To receive the latest updates, please “Like” Carino’s Italian on Facebook at http://facebook.com/carinositalian and follow Carino’s Italian on Twitter at http://twitter.com/carinositalian.

About Carino’s Foundation:

Carino’s Foundation is the nonprofit arm of Johnny Carino’s. Through the years, the Carino’s Foundation has supported many charitable organizations both nationally as well as within the communities we serve. It has raised more than $2.5 million for various nonprofits since 1997. For more information about Carino’s Foundation, please visit: http://carinos.com/cares.

About the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.:

Recognized as one of the leading breast cancer organizations in the world, the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s (NBCF) mission is to help women now by providing help and inspiring hope to those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education, and support services. A recipient of Charity Navigator’s highest 4-star rating for ten years, NBCF provides women Help for Today…Hope for Tomorrow through its National Mammography Program, Beyond The Shock, Early Detection Plan, MyNBCF online support community, and breast cancer research programs. For more information, please visit http://www.nbcf.org.


Contact

  • Charles Mercer
    cmercer3@carinos.com
    +1 (512) 691-8294
    Email