New York, N.Y. (PRWEB) June 26, 2014
This summer, renowned fashion designer Vivienne Tam in partnership with WeChat, the fastest growing social communications app, are kicking off a worldwide contest to find the next runway “It” girl. That one lucky super girl will be flown to New York for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk the catwalk in Vivienne Tam’s Spring/Summer 2015 fashion show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in September.
Open to contestants across the globe, aspiring fashionistas simply submit their information using the WeChat app or contest site http://www.wechatapp.io/vivienne-tam-model-contest and Vivienne Tam will select her top choices from all the entries. She will then turn the contest over to her WeChat community who will vote to select the final runway winner. The runner-up will also receive one free pass to attend the exclusive NYC Fashion Week show.
“WeChat with its all-inclusive platform, allows me to connect globally with my fans to discover new faces and talent who will have an unique opportunity to become fashion’s next supermodel,” said Vivienne Tam. “I am excited to find talent who embodies the true international spirit to star in one of the biggest fashion events of the year.”
To participate in the contest, simply:
1. Download the free WeChat app on any smartphone
2. Open the app and search “VTAMFASHION” to follow Vivienne Tam
3. Tap “Messages” then the “Contest” tab to submit a short questionnaire with two photos or visit http://www.wechatapp.io/vivienne-tam-model-contest.
The contest is open internationally to females who are at least 18 years old. Applications will be accepted until July 25, at 11:59 PM ET. By following the “VTAMFASHION” account, WeChat users can also share in the winner’s journey and Fashion Week excitement.
“We look forward to continue pushing the limits of fashion and technology by providing new ways for users to participate in an event as exclusive as Fashion Week,” said Jameson Hsu, GM of WeChat USA.
The top contestants will be notified the week of July 28 and the winner announced the week of Vivienne Tam’s fashion show. For more information, please visit wechatapp.io/vivienne-tam-model-contest and be sure to follow @VivienneTam and @WeChatApp #NextIntlSupermodel for the latest updates.
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Winner will receive:
- The opportunity to be in Vivienne Tam Spring/Summer 2015 NYC Fashion Week
- Stipend of up to $2500 to be used for travel expenses
One runner-up will receive:
- Free pass to attend Vivienne Tam Spring/Summer 2015 NYC Fashion Week
- Or Vivienne Tam handbag upon preference
How to participate
Apply on WeChat:
- Download the free WeChat app on your smartphone
- Open the app and search “VTAMFASHION” to follow Vivienne Tam
- Tap “Messages” then the “Contest” tab to submit a short questionnaire with two photos
Or apply on the contest microsite:
- Visit http://www.wechatapp.io/vivienne-tam-model-contest.
- Tap “Enter Contest” and fill out the short questionnaire with two photos.
- Each applicant must have a valid WeChat ID and follow the VTAMFASHION account to be eligible.
- Applications will be accepted June 26, 2014 (12:01 AM ET) - July 25, 2014 (11:59 PM ET)
- Finalists announced July 28, 2014 ET
- Community vote July 28-August 1, 2014 ET
- Winner will be notified first week of August
- Winner must be in NY early September and will be announced the week of Vivienne Tam’s Fashion Show
For official rules, visit: wechatapp.io/vivienne-tam-model-contest/officialrules.html.
ABOUT VIVIENNE TAM
Vivienne Tam is an international designer known for her culture-bridging, East-meets-West approach to design as well as pioneering global collaborations marrying fashion with technology. Vivienne Tam effortlessly blends her cultural roots with a modern design vocabulary recognized for its artistry. She is the author of the award winning book China Chic and pieces from her collections are housed in the permanent archives of the world’s most prestigious museums including the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Her collections can be found in 30 freestanding retail stores and over 100 specialty and department stores worldwide. For more information, please see viviennetam.com. Follow Vivienne Tam on Twitter: @VIVIENNETAM and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/viviennetamnyc.
WeChat innovates new ways for people to connect, communicate and share. A mobile social communication app designed for smartphone users, WeChat is the world's fastest growing social app with hundreds of millions of registered users internationally. WeChat empowers users in fun dynamic ways by bringing together messaging, social communication and gaming in one seamless, interactive experience, with comprehensive privacy and security settings that can be tailored as needed. WeChat is available free for download on Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian and Windows operating system. For more information, visit: wechat.com. Follow WeChat on Twitter: @WeChatApp and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wechatapp.