Insight Report: Nascent Insurance Markets and Opportunities for Foreign Insurers
Albany, NY (PRWEB) June 27, 2014
The report covers nascent insurance markets and provides:
- Insights into the Cambodian, Cuban and Myanmar insurance industries.
- Detailed analysis of various factors driving growth in the insurance industries in Cambodia, Cuba and Myanmar, and different challenges posed by these economies.
- Comprehensive analysis of the demographic and economic structures of these countries.
- Insights of existing regulatory standards in these economies for foreign participation, non-admitted insurance, compulsory insurance and prudential standards.
- Analysis of various opportunities and challenges for foreign insurers in Cambodia, Cuba and Myanmar.
View full report with complete TOC or request sample of this report at http://www.researchmoz.us/insight-report-nascent-insurance-markets-and-opportunities-for-foreign-insurers-report.html.
Insurance markets in developed countries are mature, with limited scope for growth. Insurers operating in these markets are therefore looking to new regions to expand and diversify. A nascent insurance market is one that is small and newly developing, and those that have been opened for foreign investment offer significant opportunities to foreign insurers.
Myanmar – Asia’s final frontier economy
Myanmar, described as the last frontier economy of Asia, began the conversion to a free market economy when its first elected democratic government came to power in March 2011. The new government ended decades of military junta rule and isolation from the rest of the world. As a part of economic liberalization and economic reforms, the new government opened its insurance industry to private insurers in 2012 and is expected to open the market to foreign insurers in 2015. In 2012, the government authorized 12 domestic insurers to establish insurance businesses in the country. These insurers will complete their first year of operation in 2014.
Browse all published reports by Timetric at http://www.researchmoz.us/publisher/timetric-61.html.
Myanmar has the potential to generate US$1.6 billion of insurance premium every year, as estimated by Reuters and is expected to grow rapidly over the coming years. According to Asia Insurance Review’s projections, total insurance premiums generated in the Myanmar insurance industry are expected to reach US$2.8 billion by 2030. Foreign insurance giants are eager to enter Myanmar and have begun preparations to enter the market when it is opened for foreign investment. Early movers will be responsible for developing Myanmar’s insurance industry and should benefit from large shares of the billion-dollar market.
The untapped insurance industry of Cuba
The insurance industry in Cuba was opened for private participation and foreign investment in 1997 under free-market economic reforms initiated by Fidel Castro’s then-communist government. However, with the high level of political risk, the Cuban insurance industry is yet to be explored by foreign insurers. Only state-owned bodies such as Esicuba SA, Esen, Asistur SA and Heath Lambert de Cuba SA operate in the country.
The political and economic scenario in Cuba began to change when Raul Castro succeeded Fidel Castro to lead the communist government in 2008. From 2011, Cuba’s centrally planned socialist economy began the gradual journey to becoming a free market economy. The government eased out state control in many industries and permitted self-employment in 178 economic activities. Private participation in the economy significantly increased personal wealth and gross national savings, creating increased demand for insurance. Economic reforms are expected to boost GDP growth, which has growing by 2–3% annually since 2010. The gradual economic liberalization is expected to encourage foreign insurers to explore the untapped insurance market in coming years.
View all countrywide market research reports at http://www.researchmoz.us/country.html.
Beginning of a new life insurance market in Cambodia
Cambodia ended decades of economic isolation in 2000, when it made the transition to a free market economy. This followed bold economic reforms and economic liberalization, which triggered rapid growth over the next decade. The non-life insurance segment was formally established in the country in 2003 with the entry of private insurers. It grew rapidly during its initial phase of development and generated premiums of US$35.6 million in 2012. The Cambodian insurance industry has substantial potential for growth and is expected to continue to grow over the next decade to become a US$200.0 million industry by 2023. As of May 2014, six non-life insurers operated in the segment.
The life insurance segment in Cambodia formally started in 2012 with the establishment of the state-owned life insurer Cambodian Life Insurance Company followed by foreign life insurers Manulife and Prudential. The untapped market has the potential to generate around US$80–90.0 million within a decade. Cambodia is an attractive investment opportunity for multinational insurers and more are expected to enter the market in the next five year.
- This report covers growth opportunities in three nascent insurance markets: Cambodia, Cuba and Myanmar.
- The private insurance industries in Cambodia, Cuba and Myanmar are new, and offer significant opportunities for foreign insurance companies.
- The report analyzes key factors driving growth in the insurance industries in Cambodia, Cuba and Myanmar, and various risks associated with these economies.
- The report also analyzes key socio-economic factors, and the regulatory environments of these economies.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into the nascent insurance markets of Cambodia, Cuba and Myanmar, which are untapped and offer a huge growth potential
- Assess the growth potential of these markets, and the opportunities for foreign insurance companies
- Understand various factors driving growth in the insurance industry, and different challenges posed by these markets
- Identify various approaches to enter these markets, and capitalise on the available opportunities
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
Browse Blog - http://pramoddige91.wordpress.com/