Vienna, VA (PRWEB) July 02, 2014
Road tripping with a Red Delicious? Picnicking with a Pink Lady? This summer, grab your smartphones and take a selfie: U.S. Apple Association (USApple) is asking apple lovers to photograph their favorite summer moments with an apple in hand through its “Summer Selfie” Facebook contest.
Launching today, “Apple Summer Selfie” encourages individuals to snap and share selfies in a summer setting with their favorite apples or apple products to celebrate the fruit’s convenience and taste during our warmest months. Here’s how it works:
1. Through August 15, snap and post your “Apple Summer Selfie” to USApple’s Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/USApples. #AppleSummerSelfie
2. The Apple Summer Selfies can be photos of apple lovers enjoying summer by themselves – or with friends or family – with an apple or apple product in hand, on their plate, or in the background.
3. USApples will share fan selfies on its Facebook page and other social channels throughout the campaign and choose at least one fan’s photo each week to win a special prize from one of the campaign partners: Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, Tajin, Brooks Tropicals, and Dizzy Pig BBQ.
“Apples are the most convenient and portable fruit you could ask for during summertime adventures!” said Wendy Brannen, USApple’s Director of Consumer Health and Public Relations. “No matter your favorite variety, apples are a perfect and healthy companion to toss into a backpack during a hike, satisfy your family’s cravings during a long road trip or enjoy in a warm, gooey fried pie on a Saturday picnic.”
Lee’s is offering a coupon for a free sample pie this summer at select locations in conjunction with the online promotion, along with other prizes. Likewise, Tajin, Brooks Tropicals, and Dizzy Pig BBQ will be shipping goodies to weekly winners within the continental United States.
For more information and to post your “Apple Summer Selfie”, visit http://www.Facebook.com/USApples.
A Summer Full of Apple Recipes
Looking for inspiration for your Apple Summer Selfie? Here are six ideas for each “Apple Summer Selfie” week:
1. Celebrate Independence Day or any fun-filled weekend with a four-star Classic American Apple Pie. (http://www.usappleblog.org/all-american-apple-pie/)
2. Add a kick of flavor with a backyard appetizer on a stick: Apple and Chicken Skewers (http://www.usappleblog.org/tajin-apple-recipes/).
3. Finish off a super meal with a cool bowl of Apple Cider-Pomegranate Sorbet (http://www.usappleblog.org/cider-pomegranate-sorbet/).
4. Just juice it with this lively blend of apples, oranges and broccoli (http://www.usappleblog.org/recipe-super-protecto).
5. Ditch the greasy potato chips for the much healthier alternative: Apple Chips (http://www.usappleblog.org/featured-apple-product-dried-apples/) and Apple Guacamole (http://www.usappleblog.org/brooks-tropicals-apple-guacamole/).
6. Celebrate the summer season with summery-flavored seasonings on a Savory Apple Tart (http://www.usappleblog.org/dizzy-pig-savory-apple-tart/).
The U.S. Apple Association (USApple) is the national trade association representing all segments of the apple industry. Members include 40 state and regional associations representing the 7,500 apple growers throughout the country, as well as more than 400 individual firms involved in the apple business. More information on the organization is available at USApple.org.
About “Apple Summer Selfie” Partners
Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken is a casual dining franchise founded in 1966 specializing in chicken, homestyle sides, and biscuits. There are currently 142 Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken locations in 13 states across America. The majority of Lee’s stores are in the Midwest and southern states.
Tajín International was incorporated in the United States in 2005. TAJÍN is the leading Fruit seasoning in Mexico and in the US. Is a well-balanced, 100% natural blend of chili peppers, sea salt and dehydrated lime. Tajin has a unique taste that enhances the flavor of fruit & veggies.
Brooks Tropicals grows, packs and ships tropical produce from Florida and the Caribbean. You’ll find Brooks’ produce in choice grocery stores across the U.S. and Canada.
Dizzy Pig Barbecue Company, LLC, founded in 2002, offers tasty, all-natural seasonings, hand-blended with only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients. Dizzy Pig currently spins 13 original seasonings plus 4 more in its ish-Fusion Blends line-up.