Portland, Oregon (PRWEB) July 02, 2014
Neil Kelly Company, the Northwest’s largest residential remodeling firm, offers homeowners simple tips to keep their pets safe during remodeling projects. “You’d be surprised at how a curious animal can squeeze through the tiniest gap in the floor or the wall,” says Tanya Roberts, Behavior Manager at The Oregon Humane Society.
“An animal’s natural curiosity can get them into trouble if you haven’t taken the steps to keep them safe during a remodeling project,” says Neil Kelly Designer Randi Reed. She offers the following five tips to keep pets out of harm’s way.
5 Tips for Remodeling Your Home with Pets
1. Plug any holes in the wall or floor. A curious animal can squeeze into a tiny space and quickly become scared or trapped.
2. Make sure your pet has a current ID or a microchip, in case they do get out.
3. Consider boarding your pet somewhere safe during a remodeling project.
4. Create a pet-safe room. Put them in your bedroom with litter box and some new toys. It’s worth the additional cries or paws the door to ensure their safety.
5. Make sure that any workers coming into your home are aware that you have pets.
Pet Safety Video
Click here to view Neil Kelly Company’s short pet safety video.
About Neil Kelly Company
Neil Kelly Company, the largest residential design-build remodeling firm in the Northwest, helps homeowners care for all aspects of their homes. Services include custom homes, award-winning design-build remodeling, energy upgrades and home repairs big and small.
Neil Kelly is proud to be a certified benefit company (B Corporation) and seeks to be a caring corporate citizen in everything that it does. With five Pacific Northwest locations in Portland, Lake Oswego, Eugene, Bend and Seattle, Neil Kelly is renowned for its innovative design and remodeling services, quality craftsmanship and sustainable building practices. Homeowners are invited to visit Neil Kelly design centers or attend free educational workshops. Visit http://www.neilkelly.com.