The need to be connected is becoming fundamental as people are now part of a connected society.
(PRWEB) July 02, 2014
As hype gathers around the Internet of Things, automakers and service providers alike are developing data management systems capable of dealing with the huge influx of data that comes with having everything connected. At the same time, opportunities are becoming apparent to create a new suite of personalised services that incorporates the home, personal health, asset management and retail, with the car as a crucial touch point for service providers. To discuss these new trends, innovative OEMs such as Qoros will line up on stage alongside Ford, Daimler, BMW and Volkswagen (to name a few), making OEM participation on stage is the best yet. Telematics Munich will unite these key telematics stakeholders with the CE companies defining the new phase of auto mobility such as Continental, Visteon and Denso.
The Car Plugs into the Connected World: Auto Mobility Strategies for 2020
Telematics Munich 2014 project director, Andrew Pym, stated: ‘This year, with 2020 on the horizon, we look to the automakers as they prepare their strategies for an evolution in mobility that is set to come. We know autonomous vehicles are no longer a science fiction fantasy. Safety features that derive from V2V and V2I communication are already on the roads and while the technology is being refined, legislation is being tackled to enable fully autonomous driving.’
Pym continued, ‘Connectivity is heart of this evolution and it is no longer a luxury for consumers. The need to be connected is becoming fundamental as people are now part of a connected society.’ Pym continued, ‘The latest iterations of infotainment systems will be directly compared to the reliability, connectivity and power of a consumer’s smartphone. Services which are plentiful and intelligent in the phone will be expected in the car’.
Telematics Munich, now in its 12th year will once again serve as the platform for new business relationships, ideas and cutting edge technology to develop that will drive this evolution.
The full agenda and speaker line-up has just been announced on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/munich
Topics: The Trends that are driving an Auto Mobility Evolution
Telematics Munich will explore the most crucial topics that are revolutionising the telematics industry:
- Personalised Connectivity Prevails – Context is king as data from changing driving environments sync with personal preferences to create a UX that bridges generational gaps
- Data Investments Pay Out – Collect. Analyse. Deliver. Harness connected car data to obtain real consumer and vehicle insights & generate new revenues
- Move With The M2M Hype Curve - Align the tech of other connected industries (e.g. home automation and health) with the car to draw closer to a totally connected lifestyle
- Tech Titans Enter The Connected Car – Discuss the business model and CRM repercussions for entrenched telematics players as CE giants move into the ecosystem
- Auto Mobility Towards 2020 – Debate OEM commitments, V2X tech and smart cities today to plot the path of automated vehicle technology of tomorrow
For the complete breakdown of the features of Telematics Munich, visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/munich.
Our Most Prestigious Line-up of Speakers Ever
Over 100 industry thought leaders will share their dynamic insight into the most significant technologies and trends that are affecting the industry. Key speakers from 2014 include:
- Marcus Heitmann, Head of Car-Net Product Marketing, Volkswagen
- Edoardo Gianotti, Mechanical Engineer, United Nations - Transport Division
- Ralf Lamberti, Director of Telematics, Infotainment and Cabin E/E, Daimler
- Ian Digman, General Manager Product Planning, Nissan
- Lars Möreke, Manager Mobile Services, Volkswagen Financial Services
- Alastair Cotteril, Global Lead - Automotive, Facebook
- Derek Williams, GM, Telematics Programme & Multimedia Product Planning, Toyota
- Pascal le Merle, Manager - Sales & Marketing Services, Renault
- Tim Leinmuller, Info & Safety Engineering Department, DENSO
- Detlef Kuck, Technical Expert Infotainment Strategies, Ford
- Andrea Jurkic, Coordinator Strategic Programme, Generali Group
- Candido Peterlini, Director Product Concept Infotainment, FIAT
The full speaker line-up is now available on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/munich
You can see the full agenda here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/munich/conference-agenda.php
"Telematics Munich 2013 was indeed the Paris Motorshow of the telematics world." Kia
"The show was very well organized and gave a comprehensive overview of the main trends in the main telematics market segments." Ford Europe
"One of the best industry shows I have been at from a industry networking perspective!" Microsoft
"Telematics Update is really a great opportunity to get so many market insights and new contacts in such short time period." Audi
To reserve your exclusive Telematics Munich 2014 brochure, giving you the complete programme and speaker line-up, click here - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/munich/conference-event-brochure.php.
Or contact the Telematics Update team at munich(at)telematicsupdate(dot)com.
Register before Friday, July 18 via the secure link below to take advantage of a €400 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/munich/register.php
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7572 (Global) / 1 800 814 3459 ext 7572 (USA Toll Free)