According to a new report from Communications Industry Researchers, sales of active optical cables (AOCs) for the data center will produce $1.5 billion in revenues by 2019.
Charlottesville, VA (PRWEB) July 07, 2014
CIR has announced that the firm will host a webinar on Wednesday, July 16th at 1:30 PM EDT to present findings from the company’s ongoing coverage of the active optical cabling (AOCs) market. The firm has recently issued two reports that address data center applications and personal computing, consumer electronics and digital signage. Persons interested in registering for the webinar may do so at:
About the Webinar:
Markets for Active Optical Cabling: Critical Opportunities
July 16, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
This webinar will introduce CIR’s latest reports: Active Optical Cable Markets and Opportunities: 2014 to 2024
Volume I – Data Center Applications
Volume II – Personal Computing, Consumer Electronics and Digital Signage Applications
In this webinar, CIR President, Lawrence Gasman, will discuss how he sees the evolution of active optical cable (AOC) market in 2014 and beyond. Among the topics covered in this Webinar will be:
- How new opportunities are appearing for AOCs outside of the data center in digital signage, personal computing and consumer electronics
- Major product changes within the AOC space as 40 Gbps, 100 Gbps and high-speed IB connections become commonplace in the data center
- How the AOC market will be impacted by the arrival of all-optical data centers
- Impact of Chinese suppliers and other new entrants into the AOC space
- How macro-trends such the advent of SDN, virtualization, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and ultra-high definition TV will affect AOC demand.
- How AOCs of the future will evolve around consumer electronics standards such as such as USB and HDMI?
- Supply chains and branding evolve for AOCs
This Webinar will also share some of CIR’s current market forecasts for AOCs, with a discussion of how these break out by data rate, standards/MSA and length.
CIR has been providing market coverage of Active Optical Cables (AOCs) for more than six years, as this market has continued to grow and attract new entrants. CIR’s annual report on AOC market opportunities is now widely regarded as the most authoritative market forecast and technology assessment in the AOC space and is read by business development and marketing executives in cabling, component and equipment firms throughout the world.
This Webinar report is primarily focused on business strategy, analyzing the sectors of corporate networking in which AOCs are likely to find a market and identifying the main opportunities markets.
For additional information about CIR please visit the firm’s website at http://www.cir-inc.com.