We recognized early on the importance of OneDrive for Business, its role in collaboration, and the potential information security issues that would surface.
McLean, VA, US and Stevenage, UK (PRWEB) July 07, 2014
Concept Searching, the global leader in semantic metadata generation, auto-classification, and taxonomy management software and developer of the Smart Content Framework, has extended its product offering to deliver information governance, compliance, and policy enforcement for enterprises using Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business.
OneDrive for Business, the personal library intended for storing and organizing work documents, and an integral part of Office 365 or SharePoint Server 2013, enables users to work within the context of their organizations.
Microsoft recently announced that each deployed user of OneDrive for Business will have 1 TB of storage space, and so has demonstrated a commitment to helping its clients move users off of unmanaged, uncontrolled file shares and PC hard drives.
The integration of individual users’ content with corporate infrastructures will improve productivity and collaboration, but it will bring significant potential compliance and governance headaches. Concept Searching has recognized these issues and has extended its conceptClassifier for SharePoint platform and conceptClassifier for Office 365 platform to include the management of OneDrive for Business.
“We recognized early on the importance of OneDrive for Business, its role in collaboration, and the potential information security issues that would surface. Working with our largest clients, some with over 100,000 users, and FEDSPUG, the largest SharePoint User Group in the US, we extended the functionality of both our SharePoint on-premise and online platforms to incorporate the management of OneDrive for Business,” said Martin Garland, President of Concept Searching.
Garland concluded, “Concept Searching still has the only solution that delivers metadata generation, auto-classification, taxonomy management, and a governance platform for all versions of SharePoint, in on-premise, cloud or hybrid environments. We are proud to continue to lead the market with our ability to apply this functionality to OneDrive for Business.”
Within the expanded conceptClassifier for SharePoint and conceptClassifier for Office 365 platform offerings, Concept Searching clients are now able to deploy exactly the same functionality already available in SharePoint and Office 365 to OneDrive for Business. Deployable globally to many thousands of users simultaneously, features include the following:
Governance, compliance, and records:
- Ability to automatically identify, tag, and classify sensitive information, and automatically take action on that content underpinning organizational governance policies
- Ability to automatically identify, tag, and classify content by document security level, apply content types and attributes, and invoke out-of-the-box SharePoint information rights management, enforcing document security policies such as lock down of content within the domain
- Ability to automatically identify, tag, and classify documents of record with semantic metadata and retention codes, automatically apply content types, notifications, and movement of content in alignment with corporate records policies
- Ability to automate the scanning, identification, notification, and reporting of documents being shared with third parties outside the domain
Productivity and collaboration:
- Classification and auto tagging of the OneDrive site content, either as a batch process or classification on demand
- Writing back of semantic metadata to the managed metadata fields
- Full integration with search, the refinement panel and the Term Store, improving findability and collaboration in a secured environment.
- Global templating solution for automating settings and deployment to large user populations
- Customized administration pages for selection of managed metadata fields to be auto-classifiable
- Automatic addition of classification status columns to content types and full support for the content type hub
- Fully integrated with the Term Store and managed metadata service
- Ability to automate OneDrive scans for sensitive or specific information types on a global basis
- Identification, reporting and notification of sharing of documents outside of the domain
About Concept Searching:
Concept Searching is the industry leader specializing in semantic metadata generation, auto-classification, and taxonomy management. Platform agnostic, Concept Searching also has a Microsoft Gold Application Development competency, and offers a complete suite of SharePoint and Office 365 solutions. The award-winning technologies integrated with Concept Searching’s Smart Content Framework™ encompass the entire portfolio of unstructured information assets in on-premise, cloud, or hybrid environments. Clients have deployed the intelligent metadata enabled solutions to improve search, records management, identification and protection of privacy data, migration, text analytics, eDiscovery, and enterprise social networking applications.
Concept Searching is headquartered in the US, with offices in the UK, Canada, and South Africa. For more information about Concept Searching’s solutions and technologies, visit http://www.conceptsearching.com and follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.