Lake House invites you to enjoy your summer with a perfect place to stay active, or relax, with the backdrop of the breathtaking Adirondack Mountains and Mirror Lake," said Matthew Wheeler, Lake House General Manager.
Lake Placid, New York (PRWEB) July 08, 2014
After an extensive multi-million dollar refurbishment, the 44-room Lake House at High Peaks Resort is an energetic re-interpretation of the classic ’60’s motor lodge. Located on pristine Mirror Lake in Lake Placid, Lake House offers a fresh and edgy take on the classic Adirondack aesthetic, marrying mid-century architecture with whimsical modern design touches and highly personalized service. Guests can take advantage of the prime Lake Placid location to explore the myriad recreational activities which take place at the resort, in the town, and in the world-famous Lake Placid region.
The abundance of recreational activities allows for both passive and active pursuits for children and adults, families and couples. Summer 2014 activities available at Lake House include complimentary:
- Kayaks, paddle boats and rowboats on Mirror Lake
- Weekly birds of prey demonstrations, featuring Adirondacks wildlife expert Mark Manske showing owls and falcons native to the Adirondacks
- Saturday night dive-in movies at the pool – family friendly entertainment for everyone.
Guest seeking serenity can relax with yoga on the waterfront every Wednesday and Saturday morning, or try the more active – Stand- Up Paddle Board Yoga -- on Mirror Lake. Lake House guests can try the Stand-Up Paddle Board clinics on Saturday mornings, or learn to sail on a quiet Sunday morning in the Lake House’s weekly sailing clinics.
Lake House hosts can also arrange escorted fishing trips, boating, golf, hiking, rock climbing, paddling, bike touring or mountain biking with experienced local Adirondack guides.
- For those looking for something to do, but perhaps a little less adventurous, guests can channel their “inner Picasso” and paint their own masterpiece featuring the scenic mountain or lake view landscape, while sipping a glass of New York state wine or microbrew in the Lake House courtyard.
- For those visiting Lake House during the week, or arriving early for a weekend adventure, Thursday nights feature “tastings in the bar,” a sampling of the weekly selections of wine and liquor in the Bar at Lake House.
“Lake House celebrates the region’s beauty and history, while providing a perfect place to relax and enjoy summer activities with the backdrop of the breathtaking Adirondack Mountains and Lake Placid region,” said Matthew Wheeler, Lake House General Manager. “We will help you arrange your own Adirondack adventure, any time, any day.”
For additional information and reservations, contact the hotel at 518-523-4422 or visit the website at http://www.lakehouselakeplacid.com.
About Lake House:
Lake House is located on Mirror Lake in the heart of New York’s Adirondack Mountain regions, and Lake Placid’s shopping, entertainment and dining district. Within five hours drive of New York City, and 2 ½ hours from Albany, Lake House boasts spectacular lake and high peak mountain views. Complimentary wireless and wired high speed internet access is available in all guestrooms and public spaces. The Bar at Lake House is a place to gather with friends and colleagues after a day of Adirondack adventure. Featuring craft beer, local spirits and a feeling of camaraderie, this cozy bar is the perfect place to end the active day. Guests can also enjoy a swim in the indoor pool, or a retreat from the day in the hot tub. Lake House guests can take advantage of the amenities of High Peaks Resort including two outdoor pools, complimentary use of kayaks, rowboats, paddle boats. There is a fitness center and on-site Aveda spa and salon. Lake House hosts, Lauren and Nicole, can arrange guided fishing trips, boating, golf, snow mobile, ski outings and so much more.
# # #