Kentucky (PRWEB) July 09, 2014
Scheduled for the 7th of July, the Kentucky Board of Dentistry will finalize the new legislation requiring dental laboratories in Kentucky and who submit to Dentists within Kentucky to register. Following other States like California, Texas, Florida and many others, the legislation is to keep an account of dental laboratories operating within the State and to ensure that the standards of a registered dental lab are met.
The legislation for dental labs in Kentucky means:
- $150 annual registration fee
- Registration number to be added to all invoices
- The lab to be supervised by at least one CDT
- Material disclosure to the prescribing dentist that contains the U.S. Food and Drug Administration registration number of all patient contact materials contained in the prescribed restoration in order that the dentist may include such numbers in the patient's record.
- Disclose to the prescribing dentist the point of origin of the manufacture of the prescribed restoration.
The legislation on the Kentucky Board of Dentistry website can be viewed here http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/201/008/016reg.htm
With registration, material disclosure and country of origin information automatically added to each invoice and statement, the dental lab can operate ‘as usual’ without the registration slowing any of the production process.
The benefits of State registration are to ensure the quality of the restoration and the safety of the patient by knowing where the restoration was made and what materials were used in the manufacturing. Coordinated by the Board of Dentistry, the legislation is slowly making its way to all the States in the US.
Dental laboratories wanting to know more can contact the Kentucky Board of Dentistry. Evident dental lab software has been helping labs in North America comply with legislation and regulations through streamlining the process, making compliance easier to increase the adoption and help improve the industry. Recently providing a webinar on DAMAS compliance, the requirements of the new Kentucky registration requirements have been covered in the video https://vimeo.com/98960364, skip to the second half to see the ways Evident addresses the new legislation. If you have any questions or would like to use Evident to make compliance easy, Evident can be contacted on 877 909 7770 Ext 1.