Wauwatosa, WI (PRWEB) July 21, 2014
Wauwatosa, WI Joe Klein, director of design, Nathan Wachtl, senior design consultant, and Cory White, project manager with S.J. Janis Company, Inc., a Wauwatosa home remodeler and full-service design firm, each earned new certifications from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
Joe Klein earned recognition as a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR) after six years of design and drafting work for the S.J. Janis Company, Inc., an award-winning remodeler. To become a CKBR, candidates must possess skills and knowledge focused on the requirement of materials, layout, and installation of kitchens and bathrooms. Klein exceeded the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum of five years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Have completed 4 kitchens and/or bathrooms per year
- Completed 16 hours of continuing education
- Successfully completed a one-day written examination on business, construction, and remodeling practices related to kitchen and bathrooms
Klein earned a bachelor’s degree in Architecture from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. After graduation, he worked with a structural engineering firm in Chicago before joining S.J. Janis. As director of design, he oversees the entire design process to ensure quality and satisfaction with each project.
Nathan Wachtl earned recognition as a Certified Remodeler (CR) with the S.J. Janis Company, Inc. To become a CR, candidates must possess skill and knowledge in a broad range of business management and technical skill areas. Wachtl exceeded the following qualifications:
- Be employed by or own a firm that derives at least 90% of its sales volume through remodeling work.
- Have a minimum of five years continuous experience in the remodeling industry.
- Completed 16 hours of continuing education
- Successfully completed a one-day written examination addressing 20 knowledge areas related to general remodeling practices and business
Wachtl earned a bachelor’s degree in Architectural Studies in 2001 and a Master of Architecture degree in Architectural Studies in 2004, both from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has more than 10 years of architectural design and project management experience, with a focus on client relationships and innovative design.
Cory White earned recognition as a Certified Remodeler Project Manager (CRPM): a pro who oversees every administrative aspect of the project: customer satisfaction, scheduling subcontractors, recordkeeping, risk management, and much more. To qualify for the CRPM designation, White exceeded the following:
- Completed at least 16 hours of continuing education directly related to developing project management skills and knowledge
- Have a minimum of two (2) years continuous full-time experience in the remodeling industry and one (1) year as a project manager.
- Successfully completed a written examination (in one sitting) that covers the six CRPM knowledge domains: project planning, communications, project cost management, quality assurance, recordkeeping, and risk management.
White has been building and managing residential remodeling projects since 1997. This is White’s third certification. He had previously earned status as a Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC) and a Certified Lead-Safe Renovator.
Gary Sannes, CR, CGR, S.J. Janis president and owner, said, “The certifications earned requires dedication and a commitment to continually learn sound design practices, technical expertise and professional standards critical to providing our clients with the best possible designs and products to fulfill their vision. I believe this is demonstrated by the fact that we are the only NARI Company to have won a Wisconsin Remodeler Award every year since 1989 and most years, multiple awards. I am very proud of our team’s accomplishments.”
S.J. Janis Company, an award-winning remodeler with four Certified Professionals on staff, is a member of several home improvement associations, including the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, National Kitchen & Bath Association, and the Metropolitan Builders Association.
In addition, the company is a member of GuildQuality, an independent third-party company that interviews every client about his or her remodeling experience throughout the building process and provides immediate results to the Guild member. S.J. Janis is recognized as a “Guildmaster with the Highest Distinction” by the organization and is Milwaukee’s highest rated Remodeler by Guild Quality for Customer Service.
For the 25th consecutive year, the S.J. Janis Company was a recipient of Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards from the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, the only company to be so recognized in each year of the award competition. Awards garnered in the 2013 competition were a gold award in the Universal Design category, and silver awards in the Residential Addition Under $60,000 and Residential Kitchen $80,000 - $120,000 categories.