Maplesoft Engineering Solutions provide assistance with one or more phases of the project, developing a complete turn-key solution, or supplying modern software tools that allow engineers to meet their design challenges.
Waterloo, Canada (PRWEB) July 09, 2014
Maplesoft™ today announced that revenue from the consulting services business of the Maplesoft Engineering Solutions offering exceeded $ 10 million. A combination of software tools and consulting services designed to help engineers reduce risk and get to market faster, Maplesoft Engineering Solutions leverage the expertise of Maplesoft’s engineers and tools for modeling, simulation and analysis. This powerful combination that delivers outstanding value has resulted in significant rise in revenues from services and customized solutions.
Engineers around the world develop better products and meet their project requirements quickly and effectively using Maplesoft Engineering Solutions. Offering both tools and services, Maplesoft Engineering Solutions help engineers validate and optimize product designs, produce extremely fast simulation code for hardware-in-the-loop and other types of simulations where execution speed is critical, and develop specialized analysis and design calculation tools. Maplesoft Engineering Solutions also support model development for model predictive control, an advanced technique used to represent the behavior of complex systems.
The Maplesoft Engineering Solutions team has expertise in a variety of engineering fields and extensive experience in model-based design. By leveraging the unique benefits of MapleSim and Maple, advanced engineering design tools from Maplesoft, they help engineers reduce development risk, create better products, and get to market faster. MapleSim and Maple are also available for engineers to use directly in their own development projects. MapleSim is an advanced system-level modeling and simulation tool from Maplesoft that applies modern techniques to dramatically reduce model development time, provide greater insight into system behavior, and produce fast, high-fidelity simulations. MapleSim is based on Maple, the technical computing software for engineers, mathematicians, and scientists.
Maplesoft Engineering Solutions are used by customers in a variety of domains, such as electric and hybrid-electric vehicles, ground transportation, space systems, batteries, mining, and manufacturing. Past projects include a robotic arm for drilling in mines, a motion platform for driving simulators, a torsional vibration analysis tool for marine drivelines, batteries for hybrid-electric vehicles, and dialysis machines.
While projects vary greatly, they frequently involve the following:
- High performance plant models for hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) applications. Generating high-fidelity plant models from many system design tools typically results in code that is not fast enough for real-time, HIL execution, and engineers often perform a trade-off between model fidelity and performance. Maplesoft Engineering Solutions have helped many clients achieve real-time implementation of their models where other companies have failed.
- Stability analysis of complex machines. When designing a complex machine, it is difficult to predict its overall dynamic stability during operation and problems often come to light only late in the design process where they are very expensive to correct. With Maplesoft Engineering Solutions, Maplesoft’s clients gain much greater insight into the dynamic behavior of their system designs very early in the process. This approach has saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in late-stage design changes or in-field fixes.
- Motion control of multibody mechanisms. Developing machines with multiple connected links is a very challenging process. Determining the correct configuration to achieve the desired end motion requires highly specialized tools and knowledge. With the help of Maplesoft products and services, including the use of specialized design tools developed by the Maplesoft team, clients achieve leading-edge solutions to their motion control for multibody mechanism design problems.
- Vibration analysis and attenuation. Vibration analysis of complex machines require advanced analytical knowledge and typically requires the development of customized solutions. Using MapleSim and Maple, the Maplesoft Engineering Solutions team has worked with many clients to develop models and tools for vibration analysis and attenuation system design.
- Battery thermal behavior. Maplesoft has worked with many clients on developing physics-based predictive models of battery cells that can be implemented within a multidomain system model of their products. Such models can be used to get a better understanding of the heat flow in the battery, a critical factor that could cause the battery to dangerously overheat, so the designs can be adjusted to avoid these conditions.
“Companies face difficult challenges when it comes to engineering design, such as reconciling conflicting requirements, aggressive timelines, inadequate tools, and lack of resources to get the job done,” said Laurent Bernardin, Executive Vice President, Maplesoft. “Maplesoft Engineering Solutions provide assistance where it is most needed, whether that means help with one or more phases of the project, developing a complete turn-key solution, or supplying modern software tools that allow engineers to meet their design challenges directly. This exceptional offering has fuelled the growth of our services in recent years. ”
For more information about Maplesoft Engineering Solutions, visit http://www.maplesoft.com/solutions/engineering/
Maplesoft™, a subsidiary of Cybernet Systems Co., Ltd. in Japan, is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Its product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things.
Maplesoft’s core technologies include the world’s most advanced symbolic computation engine and revolutionary physical modeling techniques. Combined together, these technologies enable the creation of cutting-edge tools for design, modeling, and high-performance simulation.
Maplesoft’s products help to reduce errors, shorten design times, lower costs, and improve results. The Maplesoft product suite includes Maple™, the technical computing and documentation environment, and MapleSim™, the high-performance, multi-domain modeling and simulation tool for physical systems.
Engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use Maplesoft products to enable them to work better, faster, and smarter. Maplesoft’s customers include Ford, Bosch, Boeing, NASA, Canadian Space Agency, Canon and Motorola, covering sectors such as automotive, aerospace, electronics, defense, energy, financial services, consumer products, and entertainment. With Toyota, Maplesoft founded the Plant Modeling Consortium to promote the development of new design techniques for automotive and related industries.
Visit http://www.maplesoft.com to learn more.
About Cybernet Systems Co., Ltd.
CYBERNET SYSTEMS in Japan provides world-class solutions and services in the CAE and IT areas. For more information, visit http://www.cybernet.co.jp/english/