Barcelona, Spain (PRWEB) July 10, 2014
ExoClick, the world’s #1 ad network for the entertainment market, today released a fun and informative infographic entitled 'World Cup 2014 versus Porn'. The infographic exploits big data that the company has been collecting before and during the tournament's group play rounds and quarter finals held between 13 June – 5 July 2014.
ExoClick examined adult traffic data from all of the countries playing in the football championship and was able to pull out some fascinating and fun facts about the adult viewing habits of those countries during the build up to the World Cup final:
1. Porn views per capita – Taking data accumulated 2 months before the World Cup (13 April – 12 June 2014) each country's adult traffic numbers were examined, this number was then divided by the population for each country*. Using this formula a graph was created showing the order of each country's porn views per capita with Switzerland taking the lead for the highest level of consumption per capita and Nigeria the least per capita.
2. Top 5 football addicts – Traffic numbers were totaled for each country during the play off games that they played. ExoClick looked for a correlation between which country's traffic dropped the most during the matches that their teams played. The top 5 countries that saw the biggest fall in adult traffic were selected in the graph and compared with the normal average for adult traffic this time last year when there was no World Cup. The results were (biggest drop first): Argentina, Uruguay, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Holland & Greece.
3. Half-time happiness – These 5 countries were further examined to see if their adult consumption went up during the 15 minute half-time breaks. The order of the countries changed slightly, Argentina and Uruguay remained in the top two positions but Greece moved up to third, Holland stayed at fourth and Bosnia & Herzegovina fell to fifth place.
4. The top sites – So when they could tear themselves away from the game, what were the number one adult sites that each country was watching during the World Cup? The majority of the world was checking out xhamster.com, but interestingly Argentina's favorite adult site was ashemaletube.com and Columbia loved some blackpussytube.tv.
5. USA becomes addicted to soccer - In the USA the World Cup really got the Americans hooked but it took the country until the third and final match against Belgium to really push those viewing figures up. According to http://www.businessinsider.com US TV channel ESPN reported that their viewing figures for the USA versus Belgium game had a rating of 16.0 million viewers, as a comparison the NBA Finals drew in 15.5 million viewers.
Our three graphs show this evolution of interest in soccer as the USA progressed through the tournament. The first game with Portugal so no drop in porn traffic, the second with Germany saw a slight dip in traffic and finally the third game with Belgium saw the biggest drop as the USA became addicted to soccer.
6. Spain versus Holland rematch – In 2010 the final was between Spain and Holland, so during the play offs on June 13 2014, ExoClick wanted to see how their adult traffic was affected. The victor was Holland winning 5-1 and the graph shows two interesting things: Holland's adult traffic dropped much more than Spain's during the game, were Spain feeling confident they would win again so weren't as attentive, or was the entire population of Holland obsessed that they had to win against Spain at all costs? Secondly, when it was game over, Spain returned to viewing adult sites, while Holland's traffic saw a huge dip after the game as they celebrated their win.
7. Still sexy? - In 2008 the condom brand Durex carried out a survey to find the top 10 sexiest countries in the world, many of these countries were competing in the World Cup, so by examining the adult traffic average after each game it allowed ExoClick to see if in 2014 the Durex sexiest rankings had changed and traffic data shows that they had. After the games Russia's adult traffic shot up putting it in first position as the sexiest country knocking Mexico off Durex's top spot to third position with Spain moving up one place to number two. The ExoClick graph also shows comparisons for Italy, Switzerland, Brazil and Greece.
8. Winners & losers – Traffic data was taken from for all games won & lost from the group play and quarter final games and a graph was created to see how rapidly the winners and the losers went back to watching porn. It's interesting to note in the second half of the games that countries that seemed to be losing a match drifted back quickly to viewing porn, whereas the winners traffic continued to fall, and of course at the end of the game the adult traffic rise was higher for countries that lost their games.
Benjamin Fonzé, CEO & founder of ExoClick commented, “We wanted to have some fun with our big data assets and so we selected a global event like the World Cup to demonstrate how useful big data can be. The ExoClick network has access to a global network of traffic, which enabled us to have a pretty accurate figure of the habits of each countries porn viewing activities.”
ExoClick's 'World Cup 2014 versus Porn' infographic can be seen in full here https://www.exoclick.com/infographic-world-cup-2014-versus-porn-2/.
Notes to Editors
For Further Press Information:
Launched in 2006 and based in Barcelona, Spain, ExoClick is an innovative global ad network serving 125+ billion geo-targeted ads a month to web and mobile advertiser/publisher platforms via its proprietary software.
Founded by current CEO Benjamin Fonzé, ExoClick is now ranked as the 5th largest ad network in the world by W3Techs and the #1 ad network for the entertainment market. The Company has been ranked twice in the Deloitte Fast 500 and has also received several industry nominations for its business excellence including winning Traffic Services Company of the Year 2013 by XBIZ.