SnapLogic Summer 2014 is our most significant upgrade to date, introducing cloud platform, end-user and developer innovations that will enable our customers to get more value from all of their data, regardless of where it resides.
San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) July 10, 2014
SnapLogic, the Elastic Integration company, today announced the Summer 2014 release of the SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform. The new release addresses two primary challenges faced by modern IT organizations: enterprise application portfolio “cloudification” and dealing with data gravity, as more and more business data resides off premises. SnapLogic uniquely delivers a single integration platform as a service (iPaaS) for connecting big data sources, cloud and legacy applications and APIs. The Summer 2014 release includes:
● New dashboards and insights for deeper and broader operational telemetry
● User interface innovations and self-learning for advanced users and “citizen integrators”
● SAML 2.0 single sign on (SSO) support for user management and authentication
● SnapReduce 2.0 to connect the SnapLogic iPaaS to on-premises and cloud-based Hadoop clusters for big data processing
● 20+ new and updated Snaps for all customers
● A new Snap development community for Java developers
“A unified approach to connecting growing data volumes, types and sources as well as new and legacy business applications and proliferating APIs is essential to becoming a truly elastic enterprise,” said Gaurav Dhillon, co-founder and CEO of SnapLogic. “SnapLogic Summer 2014 is our most significant upgrade to date, introducing cloud platform, end-user and developer innovations that will enable our customers to get more value from all of their data, regardless of where it resides.”
"Cloud integration is just getting started for many end-user enterprises, so the market for data and application integration across hybrid and multi-cloud architectures will be strong," said Carl Lehmann, research manager at 451 Research. "SnapLogic is poised to capture some attention among big-data analytic buyers. Its design UI and tooling are attracting integration developers, and its time to value and flexibility to alter and change integration patterns are appealing to top-level IT executives."
New Dashboards and Insights for Deeper and Broader Operational Telemetry
With the Summer 2014 release, SnapLogic continues to deliver new ways to monitor and manage mission critical integrations with the introduction of:
● Monitoring Dashboards: The new Health dashboard gives users information on the status of the elastic integration processing and individual nodes for improved capacity planning - whether the Snaplex is running in the cloud, on-premises or in a Hadoop cluster.
● Insights Dashboard: Get active statistics on the number of SnapLogic users, data flows (pipelines), tasks, data volumes and API calls as well as immediate visibility into the number of Snaplexes, files, projects and accounts running in the multi-tenant cloud integration service.
● iOS Mobile App: Integration monitoring is now even easier with the ability to manage and modify pipelines from your iPhone or iPad and email error reports to SnapLogic Support if necessary.
User Interface Innovations and Self-Learning for “Citizen Integrators”
With each release SnapLogic seeks to refine and improve the HTML5, cloud-based user interface for both advanced users and so-called “citizen integrators” who require maximum ease of use and self-service. The Summer 2014 release introduces:
● A New Data Mapper: Easily create and manage source and target mappings using a drag-and-drop interface that allows users to quickly determine which fields are mapped and unmapped.
● SmartLink: The SnapLogic Platform now learns from historical patterns within individual tenants of the multi-tenant cloud integration service to automate field linking between data sources.
● A New Expression Editor: Create advanced expressions based on functions (array, date and string) and properties.
SAML 2.0 Single Sign On (SSO) User Authentication
With a growing number of enterprise deployments, users and use cases, IT organizations now expect their cloud integration service to comply with their chosen single sign on (SSO) provider. SnapLogic’s Summer 2014 release introduces Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 SSO support for seamless authentication with multiple identity providers (e.g. OpenAM, Okta, OneLogin, etc.).
SnapReduce Brings iPaaS to Big Data Integration
SnapLogic recently announced the pre-release of SnapReduce 2.0, which allows SnapLogic to run natively on Hadoop as a YARN application, bringing the usability, connectivity and software-defined architecture advantages of the company’s elastic iPaaS to big data practitioners, data analysts and data scientists. With the Summer 2014 release, SnapReduce 2.0 now converts integration pipelines into MapReduce jobs that leverage massive parallel processing of Hadoop clusters and HDFS for optimal throughput and performance. SnapReduce 2.0 has now been certified on Cloudera 5 and Hortonworks Data Platform 2.1.
New and Updated Snaps
Adding to the library of 160+ pre-built intelligent connectors, called Snaps, the Summer 2014 release delivers updates to the Salesforce.com, SAP, Workday, NetSuite, Oracle RDBMS, Amazon Redshift, Tableau, Twitter, SOAP, REST, XML, CSV and HDFS Snaps. New Snaps are available for Google Directory, LinkedIn Concur, Expensify, Xactly and Swagger.
Snap Building Community for Java Developers
SnapLogic customers and partners can now log in to get the latest documentation, downloads, tips and tricks and tools needed for Snap development. Significant work has been done to build out and document the SnapLogic Developer Kit (SDK) to make it easier to build custom SnapLogic connectors that can be deployed privately or made available on the SnapStore.
SnapLogic Mobile is available on the Apple App Store today. Visit http://www.snaplogic.com/snapreduce to join the SnapReduce early access program. The SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform Summer 2014 release and developer community will be generally available at the end of July. For more information visit: http://www.SnapLogic.com/summer2014.
SnapLogic is the leader in Elastic Integration, helping companies connect enterprise applications and data in the cloud and on-premise for improved business agility and faster decision-making. With the award-winning SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform, organizations can more quickly and affordably accelerate the “cloudification” of enterprise IT with a fast, multi-point and modern integration platform as a service (iPaaS). Funded by leading venture investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Ignition Partners, and co-founded by Gaurav Dhillon, former CEO and co-founder of Informatica, SnapLogic is run by prominent companies in the Global 2000. For more information, call +1.888.494.1570 or visit http://www.SnapLogic.com.