Before a US Navy Veteran retains the services of an attorney to advance a mesothelioma compensation claim, we are urging them to call us at 866-714-6466 to ensure they really are dealing with the nation's best mesothelioma compensation attorneys
(PRWEB) August 18, 2014
The Mesothelioma Victims Center says, "One out of three victims of mesothelioma we help are Veterans of the US Navy, and about 75% of those individuals have one thing in common; during their service to our nation their ship was involved with a retrofit or an overhaul at one of our nation's Naval Shipyards. Frequently these individuals had super exposure to asbestos while their ship was in dry dock, and about half went onto work in the private sector where they were re-exposed to asbestos because of a work skill they learned in the Navy, such as a machinist, a boiler technician, a plumber, pipefitter, an electrician, or a fireman.
"Before a US Navy Veteran retains the services of an attorney to advance a mesothelioma compensation claim, we are urging them to call us at 866-714-6466 to ensure they really are dealing with the nation's best mesothelioma compensation attorneys." http://MesotheliomaVictimsCenter.Com
ACTIVE PUBLIC SHIPYARDS (5)
- Norfolk NSY Portsmouth VA 1767
May-11 Maintains ships of the Atlantic Fleet
- Pearl Harbor NSY Honolulu HI 1908
May-11 Maintains ships of the Pacific Fleet
- Portsmouth NSY Kittery ME 1800
May-11 Maintains nuclear submarines
- Puget Sound NSY Bremerton WA 1901
May-11 Decommissions nuclear-powered submarines
- Coast Guard Yard Baltimore MD 1899
May-11 Maintains Coast Guard cutters and craft
INACTIVE PUBLIC SHIPYARDS AND BASES (10)
- Boston NSY Charlestown MA 1800 1974 May-11 Turned over to the National Parks Service.
- Charleston NSY Charleston SC 1901 1996 Dec-11 Turned over to the City of Charleston.
- Mare Island NSY Vallejo CA 1854 1996 May-11 Turned over to the City of Vallejo.
- New York NSY Brooklyn NY 1800 1966 May-11 Turned over to the City of New York
- Philadelphia NSY Philadelphia PA 1801 1996 May-11 Turned over to the City of Philadelphia
- Long Beach NSY Long Beach CA 1943 1997 May-11 Turned over to the City and Port of Long Beach.
- New Orleans NS New Orleans LA 1901 2011 To be converted into a "federal city".
- Pensacola NSY Pensacola FL 1825 1911 Converted into a naval air station in 1914.
- San Francisco NSY Hunters Point CA 1941 1969 Turned over to the City of San Francisco
- Washington NSY Washington DC 1799 1883 Retained by the Navy and used for a variety of shore establishments
According to Shipbuilding History.Com "Since the nation's earliest days, the US Navy has operated its own shipyards. There were 15 in total, five of which are still active."
For attribution please see: http://www.shipbuildinghistory.com/history/shipyards/3public.htm
Information About Mesothelioma For Diagnosed Victims And Their Families From The Mesothelioma Victims Center:
High risk work groups for exposure to asbestos include US Navy Veterans, shipyard workers, oil refinery workers, manufacturing workers, plumbers, electricians, auto mechanics, machinists, or construction workers. Typically the exposure to asbestos occurred in the 1950’s, 1960’s, 1970’s, or 1980’s. http://MesotheliomaVictimsCenter.Com
According to the US Center for Disease Control the average age for a diagnosed victim of mesothelioma is 72 years old. Frequently victims of mesothelioma are initially misdiagnosed with pneumonia. This year between 2500, and 3000 US citizens will be diagnosed with mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is attributable to exposure to asbestos.
According to the CDC, the states with the highest incidence of mesothelioma include Pennsylvania, Maine, New Jersey, West Virginia, Florida, Wyoming, and Washington. However, based on the calls the Mesothelioma Victims Center receives diagnosed victims could be in any state including California, New York, Texas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, and Alaska.
The Mesothelioma Victims Center says, “Before you hire a mesothelioma attorney please call us at 866-714-6466, and compare the qualifications of who we consider to be the nation's most skilled mesothelioma attorneys to any other lawyer, or law firm. When it comes to obtaining the best mesothelioma compensation settlement, the quality of the attorney matters, as we would like to explain anytime." http://MesotheliomaVictimsCenter.Com
For more information about a rare form of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos called mesothelioma, please visit the US Centers For Disease Control's web site: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5815a3.htm