Norfolk, Va. (PRWEB) July 13, 2014
The Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Hampton Roads will hold its 17th Annual FPA Continuing Education Symposium at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel Friday, October 24.
Programs start at 7:30 a.m. and run until 3:30 p.m. Presentation topics include the following:
- Affordable Care Act Update: Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going, Presented by John Peterson, Kaufman & Canoles
- Long Term Care Insurance Now More Than Ever - Why?, Presented by Carlo Cordasco, Nationwide
- Transferring Wealth With Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts And More, Presented by Todd Preti, Midgett & Preti, PC
- College Planning & Pitfalls, Presented by Mark Maiewski, College Funding Advisors
- The Nuances of Social Security, Presented by William Dungan, Dungan and Assoc.
- It’s About The “Cash Flow” Not The “Cash Pile,” Presented by Linda Freeze, Prudential
- Tax Law Update, Presented by Tim Yeager CPA
A special luncheon motivational presentation will be made by improvisational comedian Avish Parashar.
Attendees will receive seven hours of Continuing Education credits for both Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Virginia insurance.
Until July 31, attendees can save $100 on registration by becoming a member of the FPA of Hampton Roads. FPA of Hampton Roads member pricing for the symposium is $125, with the nonmember price set at $225.
Register by mail or fax. Download the registration form here: http://www.fpahamptonroads.com/index_members.htm.
For more information, visit website: http://www.fpahamptonroads.com, or contact our Executive Director, Jan Dungan, at (757) 277-6150 or admin(at)fpahr(dot)com.
The Financial Planning Association of Hampton Roads (FPA) is a leadership and advocacy organization that represents financial planning in the community. FPA uses excellent tools for connecting consumers with financial planners who will work closely to ensure an objective, client-centered, ethical process.
The primary goal of the FPA of Hampton Roads is to be an association who fosters the value of financial planning and advances the financial planning profession. Our core values include: competence, integrity, relationships, stewardship, and adhering to a Code of Ethics.
To make certain that the Financial Planning Association of Hampton Roads achieves its goals for the community, the individual members of FPA include accountants, insurance agents, attorneys, stockbrokers, investment consultants and several others who champion in the financial planning process.
Our hope is to always live up to our mission statement:
“We will promote the value of and public interest in financial planning by advancing the financial planning process and success of our members.”