AGTA was created to showcase the value of the group travel segment for consumers and for the travel industry. The diverse categories of awards recognize those companies and individuals that are committed to delivering outstanding service to groups.
West Palm Beach, FL (PRWEB) July 15, 2014
The American Group Travel Awards (AGTA) will recognize and award honors to top hotels, cruise lines, airlines, motor coach operations, and destinations that specialize in group travel. AGTA celebrates companies and destinations in order to recognize the the “Best of the Best” in the group travel category for the United States.
The 2014 award categories are:
· Best Group Hotel Brand – Full Service – 4 Star Rated
· Best Group Hotel Brand – Limited Service
· Best Group Hotel Brand – Luxury Brand
· Best Group Hotel Brand – Boutique Hotel Group
· Best Leisure Group Hotel Brand
· Best Group Hotel – Leisure Focus – Las Vegas
· Best Group Hotel – Convention Focused – Las Vegas
· Best Airline for Group Travel
· Best Ocean Cruise Line for Group Travel
· Best River Cruise Line for Group Travel
· Best North American Rail Excursion For Group Travel
· Best Live Stage Performance For Groups
· Best Group Shopping Experience
· Best Theme Park For Group Travel
· Best Big City Destination For Group Travel
· Best Island Destination For Group Travel
· Best Group OTA/Tour Operator Focusing on USA Destinations
· Best Broadway Show for Groups
· Best Technology Award For Group Travel
· Best State Tourism Office Supporting Group Travel
· Best Outlet Shopping Experience
· Best Group-Friendly Dining Experience
Nominees and winners of each category will be selected from a panel of industry experts, online voting, and from sponsor organizations such as Premier Travel Media that publishes magazines, websites and e-newsletters for the group travel industry, ReviewPro and Travel Mole. Premier Travel Media has over 15 years of publishing experience in the group travel marketplace and knows the who, what, where, and when regarding all facets of group travel. ReviewPro aggregates hundreds of millions of social media mentions, in 45+ languages, from hundreds of the most relevant Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), review websites and social media platforms. TravelMole.com is the first online community for the Travel and Tourism Industry, established in 1998. Today TravelMole.com and TravelMole.TV publishes 15 eNewsletters and broadcasts hundreds of videos to over 450,000 travel & tourism industry professional registered members and subscribers, as well as 30 million consumers in 132 countries.
Tim Hentschel, CEO of HotelPlanner.com, commented, “AGTA was created to showcase the value of the group travel segment for consumers and for the travel industry. The diverse categories of awards recognize those companies and individuals that are committed to delivering outstanding service and experiences for group travelers.”
The nominees will be announced in the late Summer 2014. If a company wants to be considered for an award, please visit http://americangrouptravelawards.com/AGTA/register-nominees.cfm and submit an applcation.
On the night of November 11, 2014, the industry's finest will gather at the historical and renowned Hudson Theatre in the Millennium Broadway Hotel, Times Square, New York City, for the AGTA gala dinner. Hosted by Dylan Ratigan (former MSNBC television host and documentary film producer), the AGTA gala dinner will showcase and award the top hospitality providers in North America.
HotelPlanner.com provides online services to the global group hotel sales market. Its service ensures the lowest rates by allowing customers to receive quotes online directly from hotel group sales managers. The company also provides mobile applications for booking group hotel reservations and owns and operates Meetings.com, a site that provides information and booking services for meeting and banquet venues around the world for corporate and association meeting planners. Its services allow customers to book hotels for business meetings, conferences, conventions, family reunions, weddings, extended stays, tours, military reunions, church events, and group travels. HotelPlanner.com was founded in 2002 and Meetings.com was acquired in 2010. The company’s USA headquarters is based in West Palm Beach, Florida. The company opened its European headquarters in London, United Kingdom in 2012 and its Las Vegas western regional office in January 2014.