"The future is bright for SECAF, and I greatly look forward to stewarding in the next round of successes.”
McLean, VA (PRWEB) July 16, 2014
The Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF), the premier organization for the small and emerging government contractor, today announced the appointment of Scott Brezler (Partner, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP) as Chairman of the Board. Brezler will drive SECAF’s mission of providing education, resources and advocacy venues to ensure the government contractor community’s success and access to federal opportunities.
“I am extremely honored to accept this appointment,” said Brezler. “Over the last several years, SECAF has made considerable strides in terms of membership growth, producing flagship events – like the annual Government Contractor Awards – and delivering unsurpassed value to our membership base and the contracting community as a whole. The future is bright for our organization, and I greatly look forward to stewarding in the next round of successes.”
Having practiced since 1991, Brezler is a seasoned certified public accountant. He has experience in the following areas of practice: financial statement audits and reviews of government contractors, accounting system assessment including job costing systems and compliance regulations, and government contract compliance and consulting. Brezler also has significant background in the identification of accounting deficiencies regarding application of technical accounting procedures and reporting disclosure requirements under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
SECAF’s full 2014-2015 slate is as follows:
- Scott Brezler, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLC - Chairman
- Jack Hughes, Phoenix Financial & Advisory Services LLC – Treasurer
- Kathy Albarado, Helios HR – Secretary
Board of Directors
- Sandra Corbett, InCadence Strategic Solutions
- Frances Craig, Unanet Technologies
- Robert Dozier, RWD Consulting
- Dr. Sue Evans, Evans Incorporated
- Cameron Hamilton, The McLean Group
- Devon E. Hewitt, Protorae Law
- Jeannette King, SRE, Inc.
- Shiv Krishnan, INDUS Corporation
- Mark Moore, John Marshall Bank
- Kwesi Rogers, Federal National Commercial Credit
- Andrew Sherman, Jones Day – General Counsel
- Paul Skurpski, Pleasant Valley Business Solutions
# # #
About The Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum
The Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF) enables the small and emerging government contractor to achieve maximum growth rates in a highly competitive marketplace. Arming members with business resources, access to influencers, government agencies, advocacy opportunities and education, SECAF is an important resource for a growing company. SECAF also serves the medium to large government contractors, providing invaluable introductions to specialized small businesses that enable the overall contracting community to work successfully in tandem. For more information, visit http://www.secaf.org.