“Our goal is to enhance the leadership skills of our youth and help them to become better leaders,” said Lionheart Consulting Group, LLC President Lionel Savage
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 17, 2014
Committed to nurturing talented youth, Lionheart Leadership (http://www.lionheartcg.com) in partnership with the National Center for Civil & Human Rights, will host its inaugural leadership academy this month in Atlanta, featuring a group of accomplished national speakers to provide strategic training to its first cohort of college scholars.
John Hope Bryant, founder of Operation HOPE and author of the bestselling book on poverty today, "How the Poor Can Save Capitalism," will provide the keynote remarks.
“Our goal is to enhance the leadership skills of our youth and help them to become better leaders,” said Lionheart Consulting Group, LLC President Lionel Savage. “Lionheart Leadership is dedicating a tangible investment the development of our youth by bringing in the strongest team of leaders from Los Angeles to Washington, DC. We believe this is the way to develop future leaders and build stronger communities.”
Savage announced that the speaker lineup includes:
- Deborah Richardson, Executive Vice President, National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Darlene Slaughter, Principal Consultant at Linkage, and Chair of its Institute for Diversity and Inclusion.
- DaRayl Davis, CEO of Financial Assurance Corporation, and Founder of Smart Money Academy® and the National Association for Financial Education
- James Carr, Housing Finance, Banking and Urban Policy Consultant, Senior Fellow with the Center for American Progress and Distinguished Scholar with the Opportunity Agenda.
- Tunua Thrash, Executive Director of West Angeles Community Development Corporation
- Karen J. Collins, President Collins Collaboration
The Silver Rights Leadership Academy is made possible through collaboration between the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Operation HOPE and Lionheart Consulting Group, LLC. It provides college students with valuable insight from leading professionals and practitioners in the public and private sector. The experience will challenge peer-to-peer relationships and allow for thought-provoking dialogue about how to equip future leaders for success.
Lionheart Leadership (http://www.lionheartcg.com) is the philanthropic arm of Lionheart Consulting Group, LLC. It is dedicated to the development of young African-American men and women who will serve as the next generation of business and community leaders. The initiative is based on three distinct principles: (1) Leaders must be positioned, (2) Leadership must be practiced, and (3) Leadership must be perfected. Lionheart Leadership will focus on hosting leadership seminars at colleges and universities around the country with an annual three-day summer leadership academy.