Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 17, 2014
Leading health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the release of the latest report in AIS’s Management Insight Series. Private Exchanges: The New Business Model for Insurers and Employers examines the details of how private exchanges work, which models are most successful at gaining members, and the pros and cons for insurers of taking part in nonproprietary exchanges versus building their own. The comprehensive report offers valuable, practical intelligence from several national private exchange experts, on topics such as:
- The business model for private exchanges and how insurers expect to prosper by operating proprietary exchanges or selling coverage on other marketplaces.
- How defined contribution is playing into employer decision-making and the ramifications of shifting health benefits to private exchanges.
- The differences between private exchanges and traditional “slice” business.
- The opportunities and threats that private exchanges present for insurers.
- The membership tradeoff for insurers — membership gain from previously closed relationships (such as an employer with another carrier) vs. potential loss of membership in exclusive employer relationships.
- How much revenue insurers can generate with the potential move of employers from self-insured to fully insured benefit plans.
Private Exchanges: The New Business Model for Insurers and Employers also features a directory of current private exchanges — including information on who is operating them and who their participating insurers are — and copies of federal regulations and other relevant research.
For more information on Private Exchanges: The New Business Model for Insurers and Employers, including a full table of contents, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/private-exchanges-new-business-model-insurers-and-employers.
AIS’s Management Insight Series is designed to provide practical solutions to complex business challenges with the help of the industry’s most insightful advisors and managers. See a full list of titles in this series at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/insight-series.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.