“Associations should focus on engagement rates by optimizing messages for rendering on multiple devices and sending short, relevant content," said Joe Tyler, CEO of Informz.
Saratoga Springs, NY (PRWEB) July 17, 2014
Informz, Inc., a leading email service provider for the association and nonprofit industries, has released the results of their 2014 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report. Key themes from the report are that mobile continues to dominate for email usage, associations are doing a good job of getting people to read their emails with more than half being opened for longer than 10 seconds, and short emails to small target groups perform the best. The firm also recently released an infographic to visually summarize the key findings of the report.
“For the second year in a row, mobile email usage has surpassed desktop usage,” said Joe Tyler, CEO of Informz. “As this trend continues, associations should focus on engagement rates by optimizing messages for rendering on multiple devices and sending short, relevant content.”
The report from Informz includes a summary of email marketing metrics collected from over 1,100 large and mid-sized associations that used the Informz email marketing platform in 2013. These associations, located in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom, sent over 1 billion emails in 2013.
The key findings of the report include:
- The average email metrics for associations include a 92.28% delivery rate, 34.04% open rate, and 18.03% click rate.
- Mobile readership continues to surpass desktop readership. 44.70% of all email opens occurred on a mobile device.
- Emails containing more links, even if all going to the same destination, boast higher click rates.
- Emails sent to 50-100 people had the highest open and click rates.
- Messages sent at night had the highest open rates. Messages sent during the late afternoon had the highest click rates.
- Open and click rates had very little variation Monday through Thursday, but rose slightly on Friday.
- Shorter subject lines outperform longer subject lines. Subject lines with fewer than 10 characters had 49.73% open rates.
- 66.60% opened emails were opened for greater than 10 seconds.
- Mobile opens peaked at the end of the traditional work day and later in the evenings.
- Apple devices dominated mobile device usage, Outlook was the most-used desktop email client, and Gmail the most-used Web mail client.
The full report is available at http://www.informz.com/benchmark.
Informz is a leading provider of digital marketing solutions for the association and nonprofit industries. The Informz solution provides customers with the tools and expertise to easily and cost-effectively promote their brands, stay in touch, generate and analyze data about their markets, manage information about their members and constituents, and receive valuable feedback to refine future action. The Informz portfolio of solutions includes email marketing tools, professional services and a mobile event application.