Billerica, MA (PRWEB) July 21, 2014
GXT Green (http://www.GXTGreen.com) has been shortlisted as a finalist for the 5th Annual Responsible Business Awards. The Responsible Business Awards are sponsored by the Ethical Corporation in the UK to recognize international companies that are "agenda-leading in corporate responsibility". GXT Green is a finalist in two categories: "Sustainability Commercialized" and "Best Small to Medium Enterprise".
The Sustainability Commercialized Award is for a company that most clearly demonstrates how they have incorporated responsible business and sustainability thinking into commercial objectives. GXT Green's success with the ECOgrade Degradable bag is the impetus behind this recognition. ECOgrade bags solve the plastic bag pollution issue, as they photo-degrade from sunlight if littered or lost, and then subsequently biodegrade to a non-toxic residue. They cost the same or less than plastic bags, so they offer a commercialization win/win/win solution to retailers, consumers, and the environment.
The Best Small to Medium Enterprise Award is for a company with under 250 employees that has clearly innovated on sustainability in 2013. GXT Green was recognized for its portfolio of sustainable products that solve critical needs, without any negative tradeoffs in cost or performance. This charter is encompassed in the GXT Green tagline "Economics Meeting Ecology"™
Last year's winners of the Responsible Business Award include such companies as GE, Mars, Western Union, and Timberland. The winners for 2014 will be announced on September 29th in London.
GXT Green's charter is encapsulated in their tagline "Economics meeting Ecology". They help clients achieve their sustainability goal through a focused set of products that includes:
- ECOgrade™ degradable bag, which replaces plastic and paper bags with bags manufactured with GXT Green's patented Calcium Olefinic Glucosate, a non-toxic, cost-competitive, sustainable alternative that solves the plastic pollution problem.
- ECOgrade reactive agent, the underlying ingredient for ECOgrade bags, which is a low-cost, sustainable alternative to plastic resin, with significantly reduced environmental impact.
- ECOgrade Agricultural Mulch and Row Covers which offer farmers a cost-effective non-toxic option to extend their growing cycles and mitigate the use of chemicals on their crops.
- ECO-R3SP™ suspension packaging which replaces expanded polystyrene and rigid foam packaging with a “zero-waste” sustainable alternative.
Manas Chatterjee, CEO of GXT Green commented "We are excited to be recognized by the Responsible Business Award judges for our initiatives, as we continue to support the global community with our economically viable sustainable products".
For more information on Ethical Corporation and the Responsible Business Awards, please visit http://events.ethicalcorp.com/awards.
About GXT Green
GXT Green, where "Economics Meets Ecology” is a leader in creating products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs. GXT Green is committed to manufacturing and marketing products that are both sustainable and are economically viable.
Every product that GXT Green offers stands muster to 4 key criteria:
- They solve a critical problem for the user. They address real-world issues with viable solutions.
- They are sustainable. After their use they must leave our environment with as little negative impact as possible.
- They perform as well or better than the product they replace.
- They cost the same or less than the product they replace. Everyone wants to save the world until they find that it costs too much... then it's not such a big priority."
GXT Green and the ECOgrade bag have received recognition as Runner-up International Sustainability Consultancy of the year from BusinessGreen, 2011; Consumer Product of the Year from MassTLC, 2012; Innovation of the Year Finalist from SBANE, 2013; Silver Award Winner as Consumer Product of the Year and Most Innovative Product of the Year, Best in Biz Awards International, 2013; Business of the Year from the Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce, 2013, and Innovation All-Star Winner in the product category from Boston Business Journal/Mass High Tech, 2013.
Learn more at http://www.GxtGreen.com.