London, UK (PRWEB) July 21, 2014
Deemed to be responsible for over 100 million infections each year, the dengue virus (DENV) is the world’s most prevalent arthropod-borne virus.
The live-attenuated vaccines, including Takeda's DENVax, Sanofi's CYD-TDV and the US National Institute of Health's TV-003, are expected to dominate the dengue vaccine marketplace through to 2020-end. In spite of lingering questions pertaining to their safety and ability to provide balanced short- to long-term protection against the 4 DENV serotypes, live-attenuation is regarded as the most promising technological approach to dengue vaccine R&D.
While the other classes of vaccines in clinical trials (subunit, inactivated virus and deoxyribonucleic acid vaccines) could theoretically reduce the chance of interference of viruses and be perceived as safer by patients, key opinion leaders predominantly treated them as inferior to live-attenuated vaccines and cited their need for adjuvants and late arrival to the market as major weak points. The live-attenuated dengue vaccines are projected to reach over USD 395 million in sales in 2020, posting a CAGR of 41.5% over the forecast period.
New research report “OpportunityAnalyzer: Dengue Vaccines - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2020” prepared by GlobalData is now available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: OpportunityAnalyzer: Dengue Vaccines - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
Published: July, 2014
Price: US$ 5,995.00
The study canvasses the world dengue vaccine market, focusing on Brazil, India, Mexico, Singapore, and Thailand. It presents a brief overview of the disease (epidemiology, pathophysiology, aetiology, symptoms and existing treatment techniques); features annualised market revenue figures, yearly cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data; provides a strategic analysis of leading products; characterises the overall market space; uncovers major unmet needs, canvasses R&D strategies, presents clinical studies information, gives an exhaustive pipeline analysis; and offers a clinical and commercial benchmarking survey of major pipeline vaccines. Furthermore, the research study provides an extensive evaluation of the competitive landscape (as of today and in the years to come), and is also enriched with a detailed analysis of the key restraints, drivers and challenges in the industry.
- Review of eetiology, epidemiology, symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and actual disease surveillance and preventive measures
- Key dengue vaccine market revenue forecast data during 2015-2020; annual cost of therapy and leading pipeline vaccine sales over the forecast period
- Strategic assessment of market competitors, market characterisation, research and development strategies, unmet needs, and clinical studies design
- Pipeline assessment, comprising comprehensive data split across various phases, emerging new trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and granular analysis of late-stage pipeline vaccines
- In-depth examination of the actual and projected competition in the global dengue vaccine marketplace
- Coverage of key markets of Brazil, Mexico, India, Singapore, and Thailand
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at GlobalData page.