“IT executives need management tools that go beyond the piece parts of their infrastructure and focus on the application layer itself.” Kevin McCartney, JumpSoft CEO
Reston, VA (PRWEB) July 22, 2014
JumpSoft, Inc., a next generation software company providing integrated visibility and automated recovery at the application level, today released its “App-Hugger” report on the shift from infrastructure-focused to application-centric management.
Based on in-depth, one-on-one interviews with ten senior IT executives, the report provides insights, context and depth regarding the challenges facing senior IT executives related to application and system uptime. London, Ink, a B2B marketing consulting firm, conducted the interviews in December 2013, and developed the report in conjunction with JumpSoft.
“JumpSoft believes IT is quickly moving beyond the Infrastructure Age—managing servers, networks and databases—into what we refer to as the Application Age, where the application is the business,” said JumpSoft CEO Kevin McCartney. “We wanted to learn what CIOs and other senior IT executives believe are the implications of this shift and share that information with the IT community at large.”
Key findings in the report demonstrate how enterprises are recognizing the realities of an increasingly application-centric world, such as achieving the right level of visibility and control at the application level and the ability to provide transparency to internal customers regarding application status. For example:
- The “Hybrid” IT Environment Mixing Legacy, Web and SaaS Systems is the New Norm
- IT Knows It Must Increasingly Provide Transparency to Internal Customers, Including Business Owners and Executive Management
- System Performance Management Tends to Focus on Infrastructure and Requires Multiple Tools
- Heavy Skepticism Exists Regarding a ‘Single Pane of Glass’ Across All Infrastructure
- Integrated Visibility and Action at the Application Level Would Be of Significant Value
- Automated Application Control is Inevitable Due to Necessity of Driving Down Costs—But Can Seem “Scary” to Some
“IT departments not only have to maximize uptime and performance, they have to do it in an environment that spans and integrates virtual machines, the cloud, SaaS and legacy apps as well as custom and web applications,” said McCartney. “They need tools that go beyond the piece parts of their infrastructure and focus on the application layer itself.”
To download a copy of the JumpSoft “App-Hugger” Report, please click here or visit http://www.jumpsoft.net/wp-content/uploads/10-Senior-Tech-Execs-Talk-About-Challenges-in-the-App-Age-FINAL.pdf. No registration is required.
JumpSoft is a next generation provider of application-centric IT management software. JumpSoft’s flagship product, JumpCenter, is the first application- and platform-agonistic solution that delivers three important breakthroughs to help alleviate the chaos and confusion of managing a portfolio of diverse applications running on different platforms:
- Visibility across any and all of an enterprise’s applications regardless of type or platform;
- The ability to recover any application with the push of a button; and
- Rapid, lightweight integration and implementation–in minutes not weeks.
Learn more at http://www.jumpsoft.net.