Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 22, 2014
Industry-leading health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services is pleased to announce the release of Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies: 2014, the latest edition of the annual book that provides a comprehensive overview of the current state of the specialty pharmacy industry. This year’s update includes management strategies and tactics for:
- Specialty drugs on the exchanges and the ensuing cost and utilization concerns — including details of coinsurance levels by plan, by metal tier
- Benefit structures and cost-control measures such as formulary development, copay coupon use and site-of-care strategies
- Specific disease states such as RA, MS, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and more, as well as oncology management — with a review of some specific cancers and tested reimbursement strategies
- Reimbursement and distribution issues that surround the 340B federal discounted drug pricing program — including conflicts over orphan drug pricing
- Pricing strategies as drug patents expire and generic pharmaceuticals compete for market share — with an in-depth look at the legal battle over Copaxone’s patents
Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies also covers the business side of the industry with details of merger and acquisition activity; updates on contracting, partnerships and alliances; summaries of organizational and leadership changes; insights into new product launches and branding efforts; updated directory listings of SPPs, home infusion providers, PBMs and pharmacy benefit management vendors; and more.
For more information, including a full table of contents, and to read a chapter from the book, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/specialty-pharmacy-trends-and-strategies.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.