Suffern, N.Y. (PRWEB) July 24, 2014
General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing and enforcement firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC (Leighton), that it settled a patent infringement lawsuit against GAO RFID Inc., GAO TEK Inc., and GAO Tech Inc. (GAO).
As a result of the settlement, GAO has licensed Leighton Technologies’ portfolio of six “Contactless Cards” and related technology patents at a 5% royalty rate. The Leighton patent portfolio covers a hot lamination process for the manufacture of contact and contactless smart cards and RFID cards.
“We are pleased to have reached an amicable resolution of this case,” said Anthony Amaral, Chief IP Counsel of General Patent Corporation.
This settlement resolves claims against GAO in Leighton Technologies LLC v. GAO Group Inc., GAO RFID Inc., GAO Tech Inc. and GAO Tek Inc., Case No. 13 CV 8021, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on November 12, 2013. Leighton Technologies was represented by Kheyfits & Maloney LLP of New York, New York.
GAO is the seventeenth licensee under the Leighton patents.
About General Patent Corporation
General Patent Corporation, headquartered in Suffern, N.Y., is a leading intellectual property boutique focusing on patent licensing and enforcement. GPC represents inventors, businesses, universities and other patent owners in patent assertion matters by managing and financing patent litigation on a contingency basis. Founded in 1987, GPC is the oldest patent enforcement firm in the U.S. and is the managing member of Leighton Technologies LLC. For more information, visit http://www.GeneralPatent.com.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of six “Contactless Cards” and related U.S. Patents:
1. 5,817,207: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
2. 6,036,099: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom”
3. 6,214,155: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
4. RE 40,145 “Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices”
5. 6,557,766: “Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process”
6. 6,514,367: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card”
Leighton Technologies is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. For more information on Leighton Technologies visit http://www.Leighton-Tech.com.