"Please join us as we take part in TypeCon’s Type Crit review panel, where the masters of typographic analysis will provide gentle, constructive criticism as they review some latest typeface designs," said Monotype's Akira Kobayashi.
Woburn, MA (PRWEB) July 29, 2014
Several Monotype type experts from around the world will present at TypeCon2014: Capitolized – the annual conference presented by the non-profit Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA). Join Monotype’s Akira Kobayashi, Nadine Chahine, Terrance Weinzierl, Carl Crossgrove and John Collins to hear about trends in fonts and typography from July 31-Aug. 3, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Washington, D.C.
Friday, Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:25 a.m.
- John Collins, vice president of Monotype's MyFonts, will present “Merchant of Alphabets: 2014 Edition.” John will share how MyFonts is enabling many designers who once crafted fonts as a side business to devote themselves full time to font design.
Friday, Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:25 p.m.
- Terrance Weinzierl, type designer at Monotype, will present “Type in 20: Greek Yogurt and The Melting Pot of Food Packaging in America.” In this lighthearted presentation, Terrance will focus on Greek yogurt packaging trends and review constantly changing and typographically-rich packages, labels and brands.
Saturday, Aug. 2, 2014 at 3:40 p.m.
- Carl Crossgrove, senior type designer at Monotype, will present “The Sans with Contrast: Seriflessness Across Time.” The serifless roman, or glyphic sans, is a hybrid form that has a surprisingly rich history. Carl will examine the genre and survey the range of designs currently available, as well as highlight hidden and neglected works.
Saturday, Aug. 2, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.
- Dr. Nadine Chahine, Arabic specialist and legibility expert at Monotype, will present “Type in 20: Zapfino Arabic: A Question of Slanted Writing,” examining the design process involved in creating complex Arabic typefaces. She’ll share the ups and downs of designing typefaces that use a hybrid style of calligraphy.
Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.
- Akira Kobayashi, type director at Monotype, together with John Downer and Matthew Carter, will host Type Crit panel, where these masters of typographic analysis and elucidation will provide gentle, constructive criticism as they review the latest designs.
For more information on TypeCon2014, visit http://www.typecon.com/.
Monotype is a leading global provider of typefaces, technology and expertise that enable the best user experience and ensure brand integrity. Headquartered in Woburn, Mass., Monotype provides customers worldwide with typeface solutions for a broad range of creative applications and consumer devices. The company’s libraries and e-commerce sites are home to many of the most widely used typefaces – including the Helvetica®, Frutiger® and Univers® families – as well as the next generation of type designs. Further information is available at http://www.monotype.com. Follow Monotype on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Monotype’s Type Case blog.
Monotype, Helvetica and Frutiger are trademarks of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Univers and Zapfino are trademarks of Monotype GmbH registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc. All rights reserved.