Colorado Springs, Colo. (PRWEB) July 23, 2014
Cherwell Software has been named as a Major Player in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Service Desk Management Software 2014 Vendor Analysis (doc #249798, July 2014). IDC MarketScape is a vendor assessment tool and report that provides quantitative and qualitative assessments of various technology markets. The IDC report recognized Cherwell Software as strong when compared to other vendors in the IT service management market in the areas of:
- growth strategy
- functionality/offering roadmap
- the pace of research and development innovation
- research and development productivity
- delivery model
- financial/funding model strategies
Tweet This: #Cherwell named a Major Player in 2014 @IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Service Desk Management bit.ly/1riYZky
“The service desk management marketplace is becoming increasingly competitive and its important vendors have a strong product that meets customer needs,” said Robert Young, Client Device and IT Service Management Research Manager at IDC. “Cherwell’s performance in the evaluation was strong in several areas, specifically in respect to their business strategy.”
“Cherwell Software’s recognition by IDC is a testament to our strong market performance and business strategy,” said Vance Brown, CEO of Cherwell Software. “We continually work to delight our customers and enable their success. We have established our modern business enablement platform as a preferred IT service management solution worldwide.”
- All functionality of Cherwell Software’s flagship product, Cherwell Service Management® (CSM), is available under a single sku with no additional client fees, server fees and no end-user fees. Therefore, Cherwell does not charge additional license fees for business users, including access to self-service, dashboards, administrative or development tools. For the SaaS offering, Cherwell delivers unlimited database usage with no restrictions or extra charges. This allows the company’s offering to remain highly cost competitive.
- Cherwell utilizes the same source code across its product portfolio, allowing the customer the option to not only natively access and share data across the different product modules, but also to more efficiently switch between various delivery models (SaaS, on-premise, ) when needed.
- CSM customers can access multiple product modules such as service catalog, knowledge management, and self-service portal as well as business intelligence reports and dashboards simultaneously with the utilization of a single concurrent license.
- When speaking with the customers, many cited Cherwell's multidimensional reporting and business value dashboards capabilities as key differentiators. In addition, Cherwell continues to deliver enhanced mobile device support with advanced access to its IT and business intelligence, knowledge, and dashboards across a wide variety of device types to include native iOS and Android applications.
- While many other vendors in the Service Desk Management Software space have increasingly added advanced capabilities and integrations, they have also in-turn implemented more complex licensing structures and/or increased their pricing. Conversely, Cherwell has maintained a keen focus on the IT service desk customer and develops solutions that offer relatively quickly time to value at a relatively stable and competitive price point.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About Cherwell Software
Cherwell Software is the developer of Cherwell Service Management® (CSM), an award-winning business enablement and IT service management (ITSM) platform recognized by leading industry analysts worldwide. Cherwell customers are part of a fast-growing, caring community using Cherwell Service Management to implement both ITSM solutions and business technology that goes beyond ITSM. Cherwell Software has the deepest expertise in the service management industry, including a global network of expert partners currently serving customers in more than 40 countries. Corporate headquarters are in Colorado, USA, with EMEA headquarters in the United Kingdom.