International Society of Sustainability Professionals Announces New Leadership Team and Additions to Board of Directors
Election of Australian Julian Crawford as President Reflects Global Perspective
Hartford, CT (PRWEB) July 23, 2014
The International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) has announced that a new leadership team has been elected by its board of directors. In addition, five new members were elected to the ISSP Board of Directors.
The new ISSP leadership team consists of:
- Julian Crawford, Director of EcoSTEPS, Sydney, NSW, Australia, is the new President of ISSP.
- Marilyn Johnson, Director of Corporate Sustainability for IHS, Seattle, WA, is the new Vice President of ISSP.
- Graham Russell, Principal of TruPoint Advisors, Denver, CO, is now serving as Treasurer of ISSP.
- Laurel Sukup, Chief Sustainability and Business Support for the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Madison WI, is ISSP's new Development Director.
- Marsha Willard, Principal of AXIS Performance Advisors, Portland, OR, is the new Secretary of ISSP.
- Dorothy Atwood, Principal of Atwood Consulting, Portland OR, who will continue to stay active in ISSP in her new role as Past President.
The new additions to the ISSP Board of Directors are:
- Sarah Beaubien, Director of Sustainability, Farmer Bros. Co., Portland OR. In addition to managing the operational sustainability initiatives at Farmer Brothers, Sarah plays a leadership role in the industry. She is an active member of the Specialty Coffee Association of America's Sustainability Council and she was chosen to sit on the McDonald's Sustainability Advisory Council.
- Paul Brown, Visiting Professor, Patel College of Global Sustainability at University of South Florida, Tampa FL. Paul has nearly 40 years experience in project development, project finance, and the planning and management of public utilities and environmental facilities for clients that include the states of California and Colorado and many counties, cities and utility districts. He has written and co-authored several books on water sustainability and urban planning.
- Sarah E. Lewis, Managing Director of Research and Integration, The Sustainability Consortium, Fayetteville AR. Sarah is an author on articles related to perceptions of ecological integrity and improving supply chain sustainability and she is the Managing Director of Research and Integration with The Sustainability Consortium (TSC). TSC is an organization of diverse global participants that work collaboratively to build a scientific foundation that drives innovation to improve consumer product sustainability.
- Tad Radzinski, President, Sustainable Solutions Corp. & Chief Certification Officer, GreenCircle Certified LLC, Royersford PA. Tad has provided hundreds of organizations with the insight and tools needed to utilize sustainability to support successful business strategies. With 30 years of practical experience, he has been a trusted advisor for Fortune 500 companies across a wide range of industries. He serves as an Adjunct Professor at Villanova University teaching graduate classes on various aspects of sustainability.
- Jeff Yorzyk, Senior Program Manager, Cardno Asset Management Group, Golden Colorado. Jeff specializes in strategic environmental management and stewardship, with a focus on risk and opportunity management across the enterprise and into the value chain. He currently assists Federal and commercial clients with management system approaches, solutions and decision support tools that help to reduce environmental and social risk, conserve energy, increase operational effectiveness and maximize the value of enterprise assets.
To see a listing of all current ISSP Board members, click here.
“The talent and expertise that our newest Board Members bring to the group is simply tremendous,” says Maureen Hart, ISSP's Executive Director. “Combined with the energy and enthusiasm that our newly elected officers bring to our Leadership Team, I'm very excited about our prospects for taking ISSP to the next level, as we all work together to make sustainability standard practice worldwide.”
The International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) is the world's leading professional association for sustainability professionals. ISSP is a member-driven association committed to moving the profession of sustainability forward through building strong networks and communities of practice. Webinars, online courses, sustainability certificate, sustainability professional’s body of knowledge, special reports, resource directories, and salary surveys are just a sampling of the rich content offered to members. Formed in 2007, ISSP boasts almost 1,000 members from every region of the world. Members share resources and best practices, and develop themselves professionally. For more information about ISSP, its offerings and ISSP Conference 2014, please visit http://www.sustainabilityprofessionals.org.