PiCE+, a metal case for the Raspberry Pi B+ you can use outside.
(PRWEB UK) 29 July 2014
PiCE+ will incorporate all the best features of PiCE, everything they’ve learned while making it however will be designed for the Raspberry Pi B+. The PiCE is still available on their store ed-venture.biz. Here's a link to their Kickstarter project http://kck.st/1mUSpL0.
Like the original PiCE, PiCE+ is industrially designed to keep the Raspberry Pi safe, even outdoors and lets people program, shoot video, game, over-clock and play with electronics. PICE+ will come in a number of configurations; Outdoor which will use a Gaiter to protect the Ethernet, Power and USBs. It will also come in Indoor and Desktop versions. Externally PICE+ looks exactly the same as the PiCE, just a few millimetres wider, the main changes are inside the case.
So, what’s so good about this case and why should people help Kickstart it? The main difference between PiCE+ and other cases is that PiCE+ is a tough, corrosion resistant, metal, Raspberry Pi super case which is water resistant. This makes it such a strong case that can be driven over!
Below are a few more features and how someone might use them.
1. PiCE+ has a ¼” UNC thread on it for a tripod or wall mount which great for camera projects, bird watching, security, etc.
2. PiCE+ is specifically designed for the new Pi model B+ and camera.
3. PiCE+ has removable side panels to hide and access the Pi’s Ports so it can be used for hacking and programming with the panels removed or outside with the panels on (with gaiter).
4. PiCE+ like the PiCE has an innovative method of passive cooling using the case to dissipate heat to the environment so the Pi be kept cool.
5. Includes expansion via internal daughter board to maximise the Pi's hack-ability, this can take advantage of the new 40 Pin GPIO.
6. Integral SD card for security.
7. PiCE+ will come in 5 colours making it perfect for Schools and Universities.
Elson Designs have designed the case to be modular and extremely versatile, with a range of accessories allowing for it to be used for almost anything.
They’ve spent a lot of time designing the case and the fact that it will be manufactured in the UK means Elson Designs are supporting UK jobs and business, as will all the Kickstarter Backers. They’re also donating 5% of the funding to the Raspberry Pi Foundation to show their support for the great work they’re doing.
So head across to their Kickstarter project to show support and pledge. Pledges start at £17.