The CES720 is ideal for development and prototyping purposes.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) July 30, 2014
4DSP’s new CES720 (Compact Embedded System) is a stand-alone, small form factor embedded system designed to provide a complete and generic processing platform for data acquisition, signal processing, and communication. The system is housed in an enclosure measuring five inches per side and weighing less than 1 Kg. It features a low-power x86 CPU tightly coupled to a high-performance Xilinx Kintex-7 and FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC – VITA 57.1). The Kintex-7 410T FPGA provides a flexible and powerful processing backbone for interfacing to the FMC site, CPU, and external DDR3 SDRAM, with plenty of room left over for high-performance Digital Signal Processing.
“The CES720 is ideal for development and prototyping purposes, and it can serve as a customizable stand-alone lab instrument or as a deployed embedded solution for UAV applications where weight and size are critical,” said 4DSP Systems Engineer Justin Braun. “FMCs can be chosen from 4DSP’s extensive and versatile portfolio of modules or from a third-party vendor to customize the functionality of the system for a given application.”
4DSP’s BSP (Board Support Package) and Stellar IP are available for the CES720. These tools allow designers to jump into development with modular reference designs that exercise the system’s capabilities and provide the high-level interfaces and driver support.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- FMC HPC site
- PCIe communication between processor and FPGA
Processor - System controller:
- AMD G-Series Dual Core 1.0GHz Processor T40E
- 2GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 64GB SSD
- Windows and Linux support
- Kintex-7 410T FFG676
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- DC 16V – 30V
Dimensions and Weight:
- 132 x 75 x 125 mm (WxHxD)
- 0.86 Kg
- Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- RADAR/SONAR Image Processor
- Satellite communication systems
- RADAR & Radio Jamming
- JPEG2000 Video Image Processors
- Baseband Communication Transceivers
- Multi-Channel digital receivers
- Up to 64M-point floating-point FFT processing
- Event Processor & Recorder
- Direction Finding
Board Support package
- Stellar IP is available for this product. It offers a simple way to design FPGA firmware with automated code and bitstream generation.
- Board control and monitoring tools
- Flash programming utility
- Confidence tests
- Host-side API
- Software program example
- Xilinx ISE projects
- Test firmware and VHDL source code
- Drivers for Windows and Linux
- Embedded operating system options are available. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- Download the BSP datasheet for more information.
More details about this product can be found on the following page:
USA / International
Tel: +1 (800) 816-1751
Fax: +1 (775) 473-9928
4DSP LLC, 1210 San Antonio Street, Suite 801, Austin, TX 78701, USA
4DSP BV, Ondernemingsweg 66f, 2404HN, Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands
About 4DSP LLC
4DSP is an innovative company specializing in compact, low-power, and low-weight FPGA-based signal and image processing systems. Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, USA, with offices in the Netherlands, 4DSP develops reconfigurable computers of advanced architecture that offer maximum flexibility and scalability. 4DSP's hardware platforms deliver unmatched performance for advanced digital signal processing (DSP) in embedded computing applications. More information about 4DSP can be found at http://www.4dsp.com.