Naples, FL (PRWEB) July 30, 2014
The Women’s Initiative Network, an endowment fund at the Community Foundation of Collier County, is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Women of Initiative. Each spring, the Women’s Initiative Network has honored ten local women leaders who, through their leadership styles, are an inspiration to all women seeking to make a difference through philanthropy and civic engagement. Since 1998, 155 women have been honored. To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The emphasis is on volunteerism, leadership and philanthropic efforts that have benefited Collier County. Executive directors of nonprofit agencies will not be considered.
- Volunteer service to a political campaign or candidate will not be considered.
- The candidate does not have to have served with multiple organizations.
- In the case of candidates who work in professional careers, consideration will be given to whether the nominee’s volunteer hours are outside of their professional duties or is career-related.
- The number of nominations a candidate receives will not weigh in favor of the candidate; the quality of the nomination and the candidates’ contributions will take precedence.
To access the 2015 Women of Initiative nomination form and all instructions, please go to: http://dev.cfcollier.org/womens-initiative-network/women-of-initiative
Completed applications must be received online as indicated on the nomination form by 5pm on October 1, 2014.
The nominating materials are reviewed by a committee of the Women’s Initiative Network. Based on their recommendations, the honorees will be chosen and announced at the Women’s Initiative Network Power of the Purse event on December 4, 2014. The 2015 Women of Initiative will be honored at a luncheon on April 1, 2015.
About Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)
The Women’s Initiative Network Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of Collier County was established by women community leaders to develop a sustainable way to meet the economic, educational, physical, emotional, social, and artistic needs of women and girls in Collier County. More than $350,000 has been granted by WIN since 2008.
About the Community Foundation of Collier County
The Community Foundation of Collier County is a tax-exempt, public, charitable fund, established in 1985 with a $300,000 endowment to increase and focus private philanthropy in the area. Today, the Community Foundation oversees more than 500 funds, collaborates with more than 400 nonprofits, holds over $77 million in assets and has distributed more than $74 million in grants to nonprofit organizations and community programs.